• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: Shorter Stock?

Howdy CombatLeverguns, and welcome to the club!

If you'd like to cut it down yourself check out this video....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54l76JER3dY[/youtube]

Cutting the stock isnt too big a deal for me personally, but making it right with the 930's gas system is what I gotta figure out.

I searched YouTube for vids on shortening the 930 stock and came up with nothing. If "we" or I, or anyone is able to do it, we need video and you (or I) will be the next "Chuck Testa" !!! :lol: Star of the interwebz!!! :D

Re: 930 short LOP?

Heck with it, I'm pretty sure we're gonna get one, I'll figure the stock issues out afterwards! I'm diggin the 85235;

85235.jpg

Its got the XX Full turkey choke, but hey its threaded! That means I can change it out to what ever! Lookin at TruLock! It'll be a sweet bird gun too!

May not let Allison use it at all! :D

I remember smitty in ct had a post about that somewhere on the internet I'll see if I can find it..

ok..here it is...

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/inde ... 64467.html

Smitty in CT
January 6, 2011, 11:06 AM
It is POSSIBLE to shorten the LOP on a Mossberg 930 stock.

The problem is, the recoil spring and tube that run down the length of the stock.

Here is a picture of the nut that holds the stock on the tube....you can see there is almost 1/4" of threads exposed on the recoil tube.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410 ... ck_nut.jpg

The total length of the recoil tube is 11-9/16"
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410 ... l_Tube.jpg

The spacer is roughly 5/8" wide
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410 ... Spacer.jpg

The nut itself is 7/16" wide
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410 ... _width.jpg

Cut the nut in half (or more), replace the spacer with a washer, remove the excess threads on the recoil tube (~7/16").... This is all without changing the spring length or anything "functional".

Place the synthetic stock back on and measure the distance from the outer edge of the stock to the end of the recoil tube. Should be about 1-1/4" or so.

Set up the table saw to that measurement and cut the stock back by whatever dimension you got above...

Get a Limbsaver "grind to fit" recoil pad, they're slightly thinner that the stock pad from Mossberg...

All of the above should take the "factory" LOP from 14" down to 12-1/2" or so...

It might be better to use a wood stock, too... They can be bought from Mossberg directly...

maybe smitty in ct can chime in with some pix, cuz they don't seem to loading from the links he has up there....

Dang man! Awesome, thanks for diggin and finding the info for me! This will be a great help, and I'll have to thank Smitty too!

Thanks!

Re: A little teaser of some of my SPX mods...

BBossman1 said:
oli700 said:
Awesome, It has begun. This is how these things get figured out. +1 for ingenuity!

Can you thread the 1" of housing ?

Most definitely... I broke my caliper, but I think its 9/16-24. As soon as I confirm this I'll be making some chips...

I've looked at your threads on this subject on other forums as well as this one. Have you figured out how to thread the 1"? It's a shame you are not in Virginia Beach, you could help me with this...oh well. Thanks for your good work!

Re: SPX Choate Stock Modification

Sorry guys... I have been busy with another project, but I'll get back on this soon. I have a regular stock to shorten as well, not a fan, but I want to see what can be done. My FNP-45 tactical has had my attention for the present. I'll be back on this after the holidays.

Re: Was Choate asleep when they cut the mold for the PG stoc

My Choate PG Stock actually cracked after less than 200 rounds. I'm waiting for Mossberg to send me a shipping label, but may try picking up a standard stock at a gun show this weekend. Does anyone know if the Synthetic Field Buttstock for 12 ga (14 in LOP) SKU 95030 will work for the 930 SPX? Web site doesn't say yes or no.

Attachments

• Crack.jpg
    Crack.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,278
Adjust Stock?

Let me ask a dumb question, didn't find answers in the search.
How do you decide if you need to raise or drop the stock adjustment using the kit supplied?
What am I looking for?
With 1/8, 1/4. 3/8 rise and 1/4 drop in the set I'm guessing OFM determined this would cover most shooters.
I tagged 12 out of 20 clays today with the 28" barrel, not too bad for the first time with the gun and second time ever shooting clays (flying away...trap?). I could get addicted to this.

Re: Adjust Stock?

It's what makes you comfortable in looking at the sights and there is a trade off as well. The more you drop the stock the more muzzle rise when you fire. If using a scope or quick point device and it's high enough to get a good sight, you need less less drop in the stock. I'm no expert and if there is anyone out there that can set me strait, feel free to pitch in at any point.

I have a quick point on my 835, using the Knoxx Spec-Ops and you have probably read that some have a problem in sighting with this stock. It's great for me. I would be complaining if I were using the bead sights. It's still usable with the bead sights but it's not as comfortable as I would like it if I were using the beads.

Re: (30 Stock Shortening

I cut one inch off my Speedfeed stocked 590 just a couple of weeks ago. While it handles better, I'm thinking of taking off another inch too. Should work as well on the 930

Re: Adjust Stock?

Apparently getting a proper stock fitting could get very involved and is probably a nice thing if you are spending $XXXX.00's on a shot gun. That's not going to happen with this Mossberg and fortunately I fall into the average range for length of pull, etc. I determined the stock needed to be dropped so I used the only drop option possible with the supplied kit, 1/4". It is better and since this is my first shotgun I will probably adapt and not be bothered by it. IOW I won't know the difference ;) .

Re: Was Choate asleep when they cut the mold for the PG stoc

i'm in the process of modifying a benelli pistol grip stock to fit my 930....i've managed to lose the recoil pad over the years and am working to get another but during my search i talked to Mesa Tactical and they sell what appears to be the Benelli stock but do not have it for the 930 but they do tell me that it is in the works but can't tell me when......i have always thought the choate stocks were too ugly to go on my stuff therefore i'm going to make the Benelli work....but it will have a small gap behind the trigger also....D I C K

Back