• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: Was Choate asleep when they cut the mold for the PG stoc

930Blackwater said:
My Choate PG Stock actually cracked after less than 200 rounds. I'm waiting for Mossberg to send me a shipping label, but may try picking up a standard stock at a gun show this weekend.

Sorry, I don't know the answer of what is compatible with which stock, however, Choate machine and tool is a fantastic company to do business with.

Several years ago, I bought an MP5, and being the only US manufacturer licensed to make the stock, the Choate was the one on it.

MP5Kcompletefolderout.jpg

Long story short, after removing the stock to field strip the gun, upon reassembly, it cracked where the pin goes through.

1 email to them and I got a reply a few hours later: Send it back and we'll check it.

Didn't even ask me how I broke it or anything.

I box it up and send it to them, about 4 or 5 days later, a new stock was sitting beside of my front door.

Choate has really good customer service if mossberg doesn't come through for you.

Which stock is best?

I have decided to buy a 930 spx and can't decide which stock to buy, the pistol grip or the straight? What are the advantages of each? I want my wife to be able to use it as well.

Also, does anyone have a suggestion on where to buy one? Gunbroker has some and unless I can find a gun store it looks like thats where I'll have to get one.

Re: Which stock is best?

I think it's a personal preference thing. I went with the pistol grip because I personally like the feel better, but I shot a mossberg 500 for years in the navy with a traditional stock and it was fine too.

I ordered mine through a local Cabellas store. It took about a month for them to get it here.

Thanks. One of the threads I read said the safety might be a little awkward to use with the pistol grip stock. That thread was from 2008 and I think before the stock was even released. I don't have have any 930s in town to try so I have to rely on you guys.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum hummerbk !!

As the man said...it's personal preference ! Good starting point would be on-line shopping with ATI !!

I personally like the straight stock on a mossberg due to the tang safety.

I replaced the standard shoulder stock on my 930 SPX for the Choate Mark V pistol grip buttstock. (combatstocks.com) I like the feel, the looks and there may even be less felt recoil with the pistol grip stock. Plus I have better control of the gun for faster and more accurate follow up shots. No trouble with the safety.

I believe the straight stock was made mostly for double barrels with double triggers to allow the hand to smoothly slide back to pull the second trigger. Other than that, it is just a matter of what feels right or looks good to you. Personally I like the straight stock look and feel on a double, but prefer the curved pistol grip on everything else.

Looking for a standard grip 930 stock...

Anyone know where I can find a standard black 930 rear stock, or have one to sell? Not really liking the pistol grip that came on my SPX all the time.
Thanks,
Lee

Re: Looking for a standard grip 930 stock...

No aftermarket stock been researching web for awhile however; The original 930 spx stock is
Available at Mossberg Item#16759 STOCK ASM SYNTHETIC M930/935, price$55.00 plus the shipping and handling$ 8.95. You can order directly at 1-800-363-3555. Open from Monday thru Friday from 7:00am to 5:00pm central time. ;)

EDIT: So I go to order a standard stock for my 930 spx from moosberg and the telephone rep says sir we can place your order but we have sooooo!!!! many other orders to fill before we can get to yours. It'll probably be a month wait before you can get your stock. Would you like to proceed with your order??.............not just no, but HELL NO!!!wtf ??? Moosberg. Just a warning so be prepared :evil: :evil: :evil:

gman - thanks so much for the info. I'll probably just order it and wait. I just finally plunked down the cash for a .22 suppressor - that's a 5+ month wait now for ATF paperwork! So 1 month doesn't seem so bad :)

Stock reduction on Mossberg 930 SPB.

Before
img2294a.jpg

After
img2320xu.jpg

Essentially same method as used by BBossman1. With the exception of the slight difference that the recoil tube had to be cut slightly shorter because of the GG&G Single Point Sling Plate. There was still ample thread for the shortened nut.

Hi everyone, I'm new with shotguns and I don't have a clue about semi auto shotguns and their gas systems. But I'm purchasing a mossberg SPX this Sunday at a steal too... brand new gun with a tube clamp and sling plus 350 rounds of federal 00 buckshots for 640!!! Deal or what???

Anyways, my intentions are to put on an AR adjustable stock. Since I do no own an AR, I'm not sure of the stock length, I do no have the shotgun on hand so I'm just speculating. Can the gas tube on the SPX be cut down to specific length then weld back on? As for stock fit and installation, I'm sure I can conjure up something to attach it, I'm not worried about that at all. My main concern is if the gas tube will fit into the AR stock without cutting it, if it does not fit, can it be cut down? Please share your thoughts, I know these questions are newbie questions so if you have the need to LOL feel free =D Really looking to hear some good news, I hope I can make this happen so I can share a walk through and provide parts for the conversion so all of you can enjoy.

Has there been any new word or rumors of any other stocks possible coming to surface for the 930 spx?

I have the PG stock and don't mind it. But I would prefer the Mesa tactical or even the Benelli M4 looking stock.

On an unrelated note, I should receive my rail today and will be able to post pics of my finished SPX.

Thanks for the help everyone.

blazer037 said:
Anyone know where I can find a standard black 930 rear stock, or have one to sell? Not really liking the pistol grip that came on my SPX all the time.
Thanks,
Lee
Did you find a stock?

Back