• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: 930 JM Pro misfires

guys have been using the wolf extra heavy hammer springs for the ruger 10/22 to cure the light strikes on the 930 series

Re: 930 JM Pro misfires

CruiserReady,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have checked the Wolff website and found the spring number as 16801.

Please could anyone confirm this is the one and that it has been used successfully?

Here in UK we have very little choice of gun bits so I shall have to order from the US and want to get it right first time!!

Thank you
JohnG

Re: Mossberg 930 function issues!

Sounds like spring length could be a factor. Spring length was never mentioned here? Was it trimmed per Nordic instructions and adjusted from there? It should extend 14-16 inches from the end of the tube, trimmed, bent tip for follower and capped. if you have malfunctions, trim 3 rings and try again.... O recently had an issue with slight canting and Joe was on it like blue bonnet! Anyway, you're in good hands with him! FYI, i had to use Nordics follower as well and I've never had a problem since then!

Re: Mossberg 930 function issues!

Also, if you are using Nordic tubes with the clamp, back out the tube a hair and then tighten the clamp. I read that in instructions as well...

Just a couple more things to try...sorry you're having trouble...

single shot a 930 for trap use

I've been shooting more trap lately and I do not like to fling hulls at fellow shooters. I'm thinking single shotting my 930 by removing the piston, spacer, carrier, spring, and buffer. Any reason not to do this?

Re: single shot a 930 for trap use

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't look like multicatch makes a version for the 930. Also I'm not thrilled with what is letft behind on the gun when the multicatch is partially removed. I'm thinking the pieces that are attached with two sided tape would get in the way doing more active 3-gun type shooting.

I've seen a few members at the club use a simple rubberband for a shell catcher, worth a try....

rubber-band-shell-catcher-618.JPG

Thanks for the replies!!

I've been doing the rubber band thing ever since I started shooting trap. My nephew clued me into this. The rubber band works but not consistently. Some times the shells eject to the ground some times they stay in the chamber and require digging out. My favorite is when, with a rubber band wrapped twice around, the shell stove pipes between the two bands. The bands also break from time to time. I'm just looking for a little more of a pro solution like you can get for the Barettas from t&s http://www.tandsshellcatcher.com/prod02.htm.

Since I have to switch out barrels anyway for 3-gun I thought just leaving out the auto loader parts would be a hassle free way to basically get a bolt action.

I've shot trap. It doesnt eject into anyone on the line using my 930

Serial Number

New to this board, can anyone tell me if there is away to tell the manufacture date from the serial number on a 930 Tactial

Re: Serial Number

Welcome from MI!!

I'm not aware of any way other than contacting OFM directly. If you give them the serial number in question they will give you the info you want.

After sitting in my tree stand yesterday I got to "play" on the skeet and trap ranges. Ran about 50-60 rounds thru it with only one hiccup. Had a FTF where the round caught the lip under the barrel and hung up. Cleared it easily and continued without any other issues. Love how this gun shoots...now I need to fix my "cross eyed dominance" so I can hit more round orange "birds"...

I recently purchased a 930 SPX and the kurled knob that tightens the ghost ring sight to the picatinny rail appears to be bent down about 30 degrees. I called Mossberg and was told that this "bend" is correct but I'm still not sure it is supposed to be like that. I think it should be straight. Any thoughts on this? Also, what size are the little screws that hold the rail to the receiver, one of mine fell out and is lost. thanks! Robert

Re: Jm pro feed issue

So mossberg has had my gun for almost a month right now and they can't give me any info on what's going on with the SG all they told me is the tech is working on it and that was the same thing they told me 2 weeks ago it's getting pretty frustrating.

Back