• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

That's after 250 rounds of RIO 2 3/4", 3DE, number 7.5 shot and ten rounds of skeet. Considering the ammunition, it's not too dirty

My coyote tan ran the First two mags flawless but after that the next 50 rounds had a few failure to ejects unless i did rapid fire. I didnt clean it and used winchester birdshot 1200 fps. Why did the First two mags work fine? The extractor grabs it but the shell stays in.

Attachments

• IMAG0338-1.jpg
    IMAG0338-1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0337.jpg
    IMAG0337.jpg
    758.7 KB · Views: 17
Thats what i was thinking, maybe Its rough.Whats the best way to polish it? Also i had no stovepipes so i think the light loads arent a problem. Ive never polished anything. It doesnt feel rough though. Im new to shotguns so i dont know much.

Last edited:
Following the info found here:

http://www.aiptactical.com/site/mobile?url=http://www.aiptactical.com/Page_2.html#2857

What I did was get a wooden dowel in a size that was as big as my drill chuck would accept.

Then I wrapped 000 steel woo
Around the last 4" of the dowel and taped it on at the end away from the end if the dowel end.

Put it in the chamber / throat and run the drill moving the dowel back and forth for a couple minutes.

The barrel will get warm/hot so be careful.

The 000 steel wool isn't going to harm the barrel but will polish out the micro grooves within a few minutes.

I actually did my entire barrel until it was a mirror shine in the bore.

Clean out any remaining steel wool threads and oil her up.

Shoot and test.

Was yours doing the Same thing mine was until you polished it? Also you did it through the barrel End right? With the barrel removed? The000 wool n dowel are available at lowes?

Mine wasn't having issues but I decided to polish it anyhow as I was going through tuning things up

Yes you can find everything you need at Lowes for $5

Last edited:
Did you disassemble and clean probably packed with grease first few shoot ok till it gets dirty carbon gets in the grease and turned everything into gum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the steel wool n everything. First two mags fired fine then that was it. I got a blister from charging the handle so many times, i had to bring a dow with me to eject the rounds. Seems like federal was doing ok, not the winchester. Both birdshot. also, it only allows me to only load 6 rounds every now n then.

Last edited:
I took it for another 50 federal birdshots and it fired Perfect with no problems. Feels like Its breaking in. Then a few winchester from the dark grey box, all fte's. I think Its ok with federal. I rapid fired em all, figure if it was gonna have problems it would have immediately. It was only accepting 6 rounds. I took it apart and it seems like it might have gotten kinked up a bit in the extension tube. I pulled it out and when i put it back together the spring seemed noticabely longer. Maybe it was fouled up from the start. Is this a common occurance?

My 930 has a polished chamber and still will not feed bilk Winchester loads. The Winchester bulk stuff tends to stick in the chamber. No other load I have shot has done so. EXCEPT, when the pusher assembly cracked. I shoot my 930 quite a bit and have already replaced two pusher assemblies.

I ran another hundred federal birdshot through all fired and ejected, but 7 out of ten times i can only fit 5 rounds in the tube and one screw flew off the rail and got lost. A big headache this shotgun.

Back