• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg conversion info

joespride

Copper BB
Hello all I'm new here and wanted to get some info about converting my model 500-a (12 gauge) to tactical home defense. I went to local shop today and bought a Phoenix kick lite kit with stock and forfend, I like the look and size but wanted to add a heatshield and a tactical light. Can someone recommend som quality parts and a place to get them ?. I would also like the gun to match and I've seen a coating on a rem 870 someone did anyone know of a quality coating that will help protect the gun. Thanks for any help and I'm sorry for the rehash(as I'm sure this was covered before) :cool:

joespride,

Check out the Mossberg 500 sub forum. There are stickies on the page that has a lot of information. I wish your questions were easily answered, but they are not. There are multiple products from affordable to WOW out there. Each provides what you are asking for and it will come down to personal preference and what you are willing to spend.

viewforum.php?f=17

As far as coating, again there are multiple. Duracoat is a popular DIY syetem with many colors. I am personally looking into Duracoating my shotgun.

Good Luck

Frank

Back