• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Pump Action Forends

6 1/2" forend on a 7 5/8" tube?

i just traded my ati heat shield for a wood stock and forend from a 28" m500 with the 6 1/2" forend.

i just put the wood stock on and was getting ready to install the forend nut when i noticed there was a gap of about 1 1/8" between the nut and the forend.

can i cut a piece of pipe and use it like a washer between the nut and the forend?

most people have problem with the 7 5/8" forend on the 6 1/2" tube. they make a extension for them do they make a spacer for my problem?

any help is appreciated

Re: 6 1/2" forend on a 7 5/8" tube?

I'm not aware of one.

You can buy a shorter slide assembly from somewhere like Havlin Sales or you can fabricate a spacer.

im not sure if this is what your looking to do,,,,member morgan posted this maybe it will help.

Attachments

• 05001L_05[1].jpg
    05001L_05[1].jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 347

old mossy said:
im not sure if this is what your looking to do,,,,member morgan posted this maybe it will help.

He's got the opposite problem Mossy, his forend is to short for the long slide tube.

Toys-N-Joys...I think your only option on this one is to pick up a new slide tube...or a new forend (which would be cheaper... :lol: )

aksavanaman said:
old mossy said:

He's got the opposite problem Mossy, his forend is to short for the long slide tube.

Toys-N-Joys...I think your only option on this one is to pick up a new slide tube...or a new forend (which would be cheaper... :lol: )

gotcha. thank you

Questions about the 500...

Hello everybody! Firstly, new to this forum, so please bare with me if I've overlooked the answers to the following questions. Also, yes, I have tried using the "search" button and have been online for 2 days searching for these answers. Anyways, here are my questions:

1) Can someone PLEASE explain to me the difference between a Rat tail, Ribbed, Checkered, Corn Cob, and Pedersen style wooden forends? I've been looking for days trying to find the differences, however, the confusion comes when one person mislabels one style as another.

2) I've been looking for many different wooden forend options to use on my 500, and have only found one that really appeals to me, and that's the (I wanna say) "Corn Cob" style forend. If the link works, like this. http://archive.heinessen.com/boards/k/i ... 581537.jpg (This link will redirect you.)

3) I've played hell trying to find ANY vendor who sells Mossberg OEM wooden furniture that includes this style forend, including Ebay and Gunbroker. However, I MAY have found one, Numrich. The problem that I keep running into is that Numrich might have what I'm searching for, however they do not list the required tube size, whether 6.5" or 7 5/8" (Also, I have the 7 5/8" tube), and there's no picture of the listed product. I'm left clueless.

4) Lastly, I'd just like to ask that if anybody knows of any reputable online vendors that have such products, if you wouldn't mind, provide a URL.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and hopefully not only myself, but others as well, can gain some insight on the subject. Thanks again!

~Forsaken

Re: Questions about the 500...

hello Forsaken,welcome from NY. those are all different styles of forend grips mossberg uses.
as far as the corn cob style it is a much desired style from what i see around the interwez and mossberg owners. i haven't seen an aftermarket in wood for the 12ga.
get a chance post up a pic or two of your mossy. :)

Welcome aboard.

There are a few hundred of us looking for the old wooden police style 12ga forends. Mossberg discontined them and they have not been available for a long time. The only commercially available wood furniture is the set sold on the current production field models. If you've found one of the old ones, that's awesome. I would call Numrich to confirm, but as I recall they fit the 7 5/8" tubes. You might also make sure the listing is for the 12ga model. There are still quite a few of the 20ga forends floating around out there that look identical, but with different internal dimensions. Keep us posted if you get your hands on one. We'd love to see some pics...

old mossy said:
hello Forsaken,welcome from NY. those are all different styles of forend grips mossberg uses.
as far as the corn cob style it is a much desired style from what i see around the interwez and mossberg owners. i haven't seen an aftermarket in wood for the 12ga.
get a chance post up a pic or two of your mossy. :)

Hello, and thank you for the welcome and quick response! As far as much desired, that's a serious understatement. :lol: As far as my personal mossberg, it's nothing special at the moment. 18.5" barrel, 5 shot mag tube, parkerized, pistol grip only, synthetic furniture, bead sight, etc.

Looks just like the JIC, except I believe the normal JIC is blued, not parkerized.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/prod_images/51340.jpg (Hope link works for ya)

My plans are wooden corn cob forend (obviously), and mesa tactical leo style adapter, m4 collapsible stock, ergo grip. For now.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard.

There are a few hundred of us looking for the old wooden police style 12ga forends. Mossberg discontined them and they have not been available for a long time. The only commercially available wood furniture is the set sold on the current production field models. If you've found one of the old ones, that's awesome. I would call Numrich to confirm, but as I recall they fit the 7 5/8" tubes. You might also make sure the listing is for the 12ga model. There are still quite a few of the 20ga forends floating around out there that look identical, but with different internal dimensions. Keep us posted if you get your hands on one. We'd love to see some pics...

Thank you for the welcome, Sniper. From what little information given in the listing on Numrich's site, it claims it's for 16 and 12 ga. Here is the listing, and if this is indeed the corn cob style forend, please let me know. I will most likely be calling tommorow to clarify. and I will indeed keep everybody updated. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/561030A.htm

It's hard to say by their listing with no photo.

Hopefully you can get someone on the phone to clarify. I'm very interested to see how this plays out for you...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Hopefully you can get someone on the phone to clarify. I'm very interested to see how this plays out for you...

I do have one more question, and this pertains the the first question I had above, when I do call them tomorrow, what would you say is the best way to describe this particular forend. Is it generally accepted as a "corn cob" style, ribbed, police model, etc.? This would be very helpful, and I do apologize for all the questions. Thank you very much!

No apology necessary.

Honestly, I've heard the forend described as all of the above. Best way to be sure would be to get someone there to e-mail you a photo of that item number...

forsaken352 said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

I do have one more question, and this pertains the the first question I had above, when I do call them tomorrow, what would you say is the best way to describe this particular forend. Is it generally accepted as a "corn cob" style, ribbed, police model, etc.? This would be very helpful, and I do apologize for all the questions. Thank you very much!

if this is the one you mean,tell them the one with 15 ribs.

Attachments

• 692060_01_mossberg_wood_forend_640.jpg
    692060_01_mossberg_wood_forend_640.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 405

That's it exactly, Mossy! Thank you very much! I'll be sure to ask tomorrow when I call Numrich.

forsaken352 said:
That's it exactly, Mossy! Thank you very much! I'll be sure to ask tomorrow when I call Numrich.

just be careful. the only one's i've seen like that are for 20ga.

old mossy said:
forsaken352 said:

just be careful. the only one's i've seen like that are for 20ga.

Most definitely will do. Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, I just realized that Numrich operates Monday - Friday. :( Guess I'll just have to live up the weekend as much as possible, then come Monday, I'll give 'em a shout! :cool:

Mossberg 500 corncob forend

Just a quick question, what would be top dollar one of you would pay for a corncob forend that looks basically brand new? I may have found one, but I don't want to get jipped. :D Thanks!

-Forsaken

Re: Mossberg 500 corncob forend

take a look on ebay,google it,armslist,gun broker. the price is up there. what are they asking for the one you found?
one other thing,if you need it for a 12ga,,,,,,beware of some mutts selling the 20ga trying to pass it off for a 12ga..

Back