• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Pump Action Forends

Re: Anyone looking for a wood stock and corncob forend?

^Hope someone here jumps on that! Good deal, thanks for posting Tanker!

I'm curious to see what the final bid will be in two days.

I don't know what all the hype is about on these. I was going to find a wood set after I bought mind, but after seeing the stupid prices , I felt deifferent. These are in no way worth that kind of money. You know the saying, A fool and his money soon part!

20 gauge forend for light mount.

Hello all,

I'm doing some research for my 1st pump gun for home defense. I have rifles and pistols and an old Winchester M12, but wanted something more suited for HD.

I was looking at a 500 cruiser in 20 ga and wondered if the new Magpul furniture would work? If not, any recommendations for a light mount that would take a HSP WML?

Thanks!

Re: 20 gauge forend for light mount.

Most stocks for a 12g will fit a 20g with just a slight lip as the receiver is a little it narrower.

The forends will not fit as they are sized to the diameter of the magazine tube. If you are handy enough to make some type of shim you might be able to make it work. I've not personally seen this done.

Re: 20 gauge forend for light mount.

Chefjon said:
Hello all,

I'm doing some research for my 1st pump gun for home defense. I have rifles and pistols and an old Winchester M12, but wanted something more suited for HD.

I was looking at a 500 cruiser in 20 ga and wondered if the new Magpul furniture would work? If not, any recommendations for a light mount that would take a HSP WML?

Thanks!

Not sure about the magpul furniture,,,,but i see some universal mounts on Havlin.
http://www.havlinsales.com/

Tanker said:
I don't know what all the hype is about on these. I was going to find a wood set after I bought mind, but after seeing the stupid prices , I felt deifferent. These are in no way worth that kind of money. You know the saying, A fool and his money soon part!

Tanker:::: I waited five years and looked at a LOT of wood stock sets for a 500/590 before I pulled the trigger and bought one from a friend who is currently serving in the US MIL living in Alaska.

YMMV. of course.....

Sorry, but I didn't feel like a fool when I bought it, and I certainly don't feel like a fool now.

They are nice looking though.
WHen I bought my shotgun, I wanted a nice quality inexpensive shotgun. If I go around spending hundreds of dollars to replace parts , I could have gotten one already configured, i.e. Ithaca, Remington or Winchester riot/trench gun.
If spending the extra money is not a factor for you, then by all means buy the wood!
By the way, what does YMMV mean?
Ron

Just in case Shotten or nitesite missed it in the other thread....Thanks again!

Chris, is that the partially finished stock set you just acquired????

I don't care... it's bad 'effin ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I just noticed that you took the photo with your Nikon D3000 at 15:35:50 on 11-16-13 ~~~~~ So I guess that is the stock set you just recently acquired!!!

Wow! Nice stain job! The fighting shotgun lives on.

BTW, your f/stop was f9.5 and shutter was 1/1000-sec...........

nitesite said:
Well, I just noticed that you took the photo with your Nikon D3000 at 15:35:50 on 11-16-13 ~~~~~ So I guess that is the stock set you just recently acquired!!!

Wow! Nice stain job! The fighting shotgun lives on.

BTW, your f/stop was f9.5 and shutter was 1/1000-sec...........

:shock: Scarry :? Nothing is safe these days on the Interwebs!

I know it looks much like the other photos I took a while back of that "OTHER" set :cool: ... I don't have a huge choice in backdrops here in Kodiak... 9 months out of the year we get brown...3 months green...that's it :D

aksavanaman said:
Just in case Shotten or nitesite missed it in the other thread....Thanks again!

:shock: killer !

Bad 'Effin Ass!!

Sinister!

WICKED!!

SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aksavanaman said:
nitesite said:
Well, I just noticed that you took the photo with your Nikon D3000 at 15:35:50 on 11-16-13 ~~~~~ BTW, your f/stop was f9.5 and shutter was 1/1000-sec...........

:shock: Scarry :? Nothing is safe these days on the Interwebs!

It's EXIF file data that anyone can see thru Photoshop and other photo editing software when you right click on the pic. A ten-year-old can do it. If you want to know how to prevent others from seeing that stuff just PM me and it's as easy as heck to keep it from other people's view.

oli700 said:
:shock: killer !

nitesite said:
Bad 'Effin Ass!!

Sinister!

WICKED!!

SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the compliments! You do know that your's is essentially the same...just with a 4 round side saddle ;)

Back