• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Pump Action Forends

Re: Mossberg 500 corncob forend

forsaken352 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mossberg-500-Wood-Forend-/111028018513?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D6286648429366643896%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D111028018513%26

This is the one I was looking at. I contacted the seller to ask questions about it (such as gauge and length), but I'm gonna pass on it. It's just not worth me spending $40.00 + as well as $10.00 shipping. It was ~$20.00 + shipping when I made this post, so someone REALLY wants it I guess.

i just looked,,,it went for $44. +shipping. :)

forsaken352 said:
Yup. So, does me not bidding on it make me smart or a tightwad? :lol:

you don't see too many of these for 12ga.

the one that looks like the remy is around. looks like the one in the pic.

this is a mossberg also,but mot the "corn cob"

Attachments

• 100_0856.jpg
    100_0856.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,382

Perhaps I'm just overthinking this...Or just WAY TOO PICKY... I dunno...I just want to make it look good.

I like the 870 forend over the one you posted because it's more "squared off" and doesn't have the receiver overlap and rat tail I guess you could call it.

Okay, since you seem so helpful, I'm gonna try to post a couple of pictures...The first is of an 870..I was trying to make my mossberg look as close to this as I could... Let's forget EVERYTHING I've said so far...If you were to build this firearm to look like the 870, I wanna hear your personal opinion on how to best achieve this... :)

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6742/1001710.jpg

This is exactly how my 500 looks minus the heat shield...

http://image.ceneo.pl/data/products/1299304/i-cyber-gun-asg-mossberg-m500-persuader-270703.jpg

Edit: So far, my list is as follows... Mesa Tactical LEO adapter, m4 collapsible stock, ergo AR15 grip, Tapco T6 Intrafuse recoil pad, Mesa Tactical 6 shot side saddle, Mepro Tru-Dot night sight...

forsaken352 said:
Perhaps I'm just overthinking this...Or just WAY TOO PICKY... I dunno...I just want to make it look good.

I like the 870 forend over the one you posted because it's more "squared off" and doesn't have the receiver overlap and rat tail I guess you could call it.

Okay, since you seem so helpful, I'm gonna try to post a couple of pictures...The first is of an 870..I was trying to make my mossberg look as close to this as I could... Let's forget EVERYTHING I've said so far...If you were to build this firearm to look like the 870, I wanna hear your personal opinion on how to best achieve this... :)

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6742/1001710.jpg

This is exactly how my 500 looks minus the heat shield...

http://image.ceneo.pl/data/products/1299304/i-cyber-gun-asg-mossberg-m500-persuader-270703.jpg

Edit: So far, my list is as follows... Mesa Tactical LEO adapter, m4 collapsible stock, ergo AR15 grip, Tapco T6 Intrafuse recoil pad, Mesa Tactical 6 shot side saddle, Mepro Tru-Dot night sight...

my personal taste is wood and steel. if i were to go with the new tactical stuff,i'd go with both forend and stock black. JMO :)

Oh, you gotta admit..That 870 looks good. :D And I'm the guy who just sold a 700 sps-v .308 bull barrel for $350.00 because I couldn't stand Remington's new firearm finish. What is that? Krylon spray paint..It's horrible! Bolt handle rusted no matter what. So, no more Remington's for me unless it's 1960's or so. :)

Anyways, I must add that almost ANY firearm I get my hands on, I throw a pistol grip on it. However, something such as an m1a, mosin nagant, marlin model 60, etc...I just couldn't do it. Ar, Ak, Saiga, MOSSBERG ;) , game on. Better control if you ask me...However, to each their own. Assuming what you mean by "wood and steel" is the traditional wood stock/forend.

I think that keeping a wooden forend keeps it from becoming too mall cop'ish tacticool. So, I guess the question remains; If you were to build a 500 to look just like the 870 in the first picture I posted in the last reply (and the main question is this:), which wood forend available to the 500 would you choose personally? Basically, I'm at the point I'm about to just say screw it and buy just any old forend and try to make it the best I can, but probably never care too much for it. :?

I apologize if it seems like I'm hassling you...Not trying to..It's just I'm most likely going to be ordering parts tommorow and wanna get info in today.

On a side note, has anybody ever ordered from people called smartgunner? They have the Mesa products I'm looking for, but there website seems...subpar...Just wanna make sure I don't drop ~$170.00 on someone who can't be trusted... Thanks!

(http://www.smartgunner.com/)

no need to apologize,no hassle at all. :) i guess it just goes down to personal taste. as long as you like what you have built. if you feel that strong on the remmy wood look,wait and find a mossy forend.

Alright, sounds good. Guess I'll worry about the stock, side saddle, and sight for now. So, how about that website Smartgunner.com. Ever heard of 'em?

forsaken352 said:
Alright, sounds good. Guess I'll worry about the stock, side saddle, and sight for now. So, how about that website Smartgunner.com. Ever heard of 'em?

i've never dealt with them. i'm sure another member has and will chime in shortly.

forsaken352 said:
Thanks for all the help! :)

that's what we all try to do here. :D
keep us posted on your mod progress.

For what it's worth, I'd probably trade a kidney for one of these forends...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

This is a man who either does not value his kidneys, or that's one rare piece...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

one was on ebay today,,,,went for $44.+ shipping. i couldn't tell if it was a REAL 12ga.

That's the same one I started this post about. I contacted the seller and asked:

"I have two questions for you about this particular forend that hopefully you can answer.
1) Is this forend made for the 12ga. Mossberg 500?
2) Is this forend made for a 7 5/8" slide tube?"

He replied:

"Yes, the forend is made for the 12 gauge Mossberg 500 and it is definitely for the 7 5/8 slide tube. Glad I could help!"

The Mossberg "corn cob" style does not overlap the receiver. This was my concern also when I got mine (I needed it to work with my side saddle at the time). I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a wood set in trade for my synthetic factory set. And it happened to be the forend I really wanted (like the one pictured). So if your concern is overlap of the receiver, your good to go. No worries.

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Back