• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Pump Action Forends

Re: Disassembly question

This is my slide. The lip on the inside keeps the slide from going over the spiral piece and the ring it is next to.

i'm not familiar with that tube sorry.
i'm glad you were able to figure it out.
you could give Havlin a call. they are experts on old mossbergs. (636) 937-6401
keep us posted.

not too much out there on the tube. found this,,,,

Attachments

• cc880tube.jpg
    cc880tube.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 113
slide action tube assembly difference??

In my search for a 20 guage 7 3/4 slide action tube I came across one finally but I don't know what the difference is between a single bar and a double bar?
Can someone point out the difference.
I looked for pictures but the site said not available.
Single bar is out of stock but the double bar is in stock.... Just want to make sure I get the correct one.

Re: slide action tube assembly difference??

stigmata said:
In my search for a 20 guage 7 3/4 slide action tube I came across one finally but I don't know what the difference is between a single bar and a double bar?
Single bar is out of stock but the double bar is in stock.... Just want to make sure I get the correct one.

if i'm not mistaken,unless you have an old mossberg you should have a double bar slide.

single bars were used in older 500's

double bar

Attachments

• single bar.jpg
    single bar.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 321
  • double bar.jpg
    double bar.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 321

old mossy said:
stigmata said:

if i'm not mistaken,unless you have an old mossberg you should have a double bar slide.

single bars were used in older 500's

double bar

Thx old mossy..... I didn't think it LITERALLY meant single and double,
Can't really picture how the single would work on a gun, but I have a newer one that uses the double.
Now I know I can purchase the right one.

you should be good to go with the 7 3/4",,,just make sure it's for a 20ga. :)
(i see a lot of mix ups and miss prints when it comes to 20 and 12 ga 500's. on the interwebz) :)

keep us posted.

Yeah I'm gonna call them b4 I order it, to make sure, but it does say 20guage.
I'll keep you all posted....
Thx again for the help on this....

lol I was kind of confused by this when I first got into shotguns too. I was dumb founded when it was pointed out to me what they LITERALLY meant haha

I believe (if memory serves me correctly) the single bar saw a little more torque problems on the action then the double bar and resulted in snapped bars. At the same time, many single bar actions saw great success and use!

,,,,if you look at the pic,,,,the single bar is broken. :)

old mossy said:
,,,,if you look at the pic,,,,the single bar is broken. :)

lol Perhaps that wouldn't be why there are now 2 action bars is it??

Re: 500C 20guage adaptor nut HELP!!

Well I solved my problem.....
Found a 7 5/8 action slide tube assy for a 20g from Numrich. Ordered it today and will ship out tomorrow; pretty damn fast for gun parts these days.
So I no longer need to find the non-existing 20g adapter nut for my 6 1/2 slide tube.

Thx for the help on trying to find a extender nut, but the search lead me to the actual tube instead. Sweet. :cool:

On a different note, got in my 12g Hogue extender nut today, and ordered a 6 1/2 slide action tube for my 590, but it won't be shipping for up to 5 to 6 weeks :cry: .... That sux but at least its in stock and I'll have it soon for my new tri-rail forend.

Re: 500C 20guage adaptor nut HELP!!

i'm glad to hear you got it straightened out and found what you need. :D

is this forend going to work

Assuming it is the correct length for the tube assembly you have, yes it should work.

However I should note, you should have looked at the pics 1st before buying and asked then. It's clearly shown in the pictures. At that point any issue with fitment is solely on you. Worst case scenario though, you should be able to make it work, might need a different tube or the extended nut from Hogue.

Re: is this forend going to work

yeah i already gave the guy a good review. It's totally on me if it doesn't work. I saw it and immediately hit buy it now, since they I have seen them go for as high as 245 dollars. I have the hogue nut and a forend wrench coming from midway as well.

Back