• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Pump Action Forends

Re: is this forend going to work

clarke187 said:
yeah i already gave the guy a good review. It's totally on me if it doesn't work. I saw it and immediately hit buy it now, since they I have seen them go for as high as 245 dollars. I have the hogue nut and a forend wrench coming from midway as well.
did he tell you this was off a 12ga?

it would be a good idea to measure your action tube before you buy anything else for that set up.

keep us posted.

clarke187 said:
it's actually a 6 shot persuader actually. that was a typo.

it really dosen't matter what mag tube. mossberg uses 2 different action tubes. as shown in the pic.
you won't know what you have on you shotgun until you disassemble yours.

Attachments

• 05001L_05[1].jpg
    05001L_05[1].jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 162

SUCCESS!

http://i.imgur.com/9dxvBZU.png
9dxvBZU.png

congrats,,,,one sweet lookin' shotty.

6 1/2 vs 7 3/4 action tubes

Newbie here.

My Mossberg 500 has a 6 1/2 inch action tube. It seems very hard to get a synthetic forearm to fit so I'm wondering if a 7 3/4 action tube can replace my 6 1/2?

thanks
sharkman

Re: 6 1/2 vs 7 3/4 action tubes

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, either one will fit. Hogue mades a adaptor nut as well that will allow you to fit 7.75" forends on the 6.5" action tube.

MossbergForends_zps79db1095.jpg

Great response Mike!!!
Love that Hogue diagram to explain the forend issue!!
Wish that I had that years ago while I was figuring out my first 500's forend

LTB45 said:
Great response Mike!!!
Love that Hogue diagram to explain the forend issue!!
Wish that I had that years ago while I was figuring out my first 500's forend

Thanks, but I can't take full credit, I saw it posted here a while back and saved it because i felt the same way. ;-D

good info,,,,, :)

,,,,,and welcome from NY sharkman 78.

MikeD said:
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, either one will fit. Hogue mades a adaptor nut as well that will allow you to fit 7.75" forends on the 6.5" action tube.

MossbergForends_zps79db1095.jpg

Is it a sticky yet??? ;)

Thanks for the replies.. I have a story of my dealings with Mossberg (Maverick Arms) on this issue. I'm waiting for them to send me something and I'll get back to you guys when I receive it..

sharkman

Here's the followup I promised:
So, a month ago I ordered a pistol grip and a forearm from Mossberg online. When I received them, I put on the pistol grip with no problem other than the wood stock nut was extremely tight and I needed to buy a heavy duty screwdriver to get it off. Anyhow, the pistol grip went on without a problem.

Forearm was a problem. After disassembling the 500, I realized that the action tube was 6 ½ inches and they had sent me the “long action” forearm. I called their customer service and since the wait was in excess of 30 minutes, I decided to leave my number and have them call me back. At the end of the day, I received a call back but unfortunately I wasn’t home to speak to them. I called the next day and spoke to a young lady who told me that they would send me the forearm for the short action. I packed up the forearm and shipped it off to them. About a week later, the new one came. Didn’t fit.. I called again and spoke to a guy who asked me to take pictures of the forearm on the shotgun and the one that they sent to me. Side by side, and the insides also. Did that and waited a day or so for them to get back to me. I finally called them back and got the guy who asked for the pictures. After doing some research, he told me that they would send me (as a courtesy and under the warrantee) a new forearm with a new action tube attached,. At first he was going to send me the long action tube but in the end he decided to send the short one with the forearm attached and I could keep the original one that was on the 500.

Well today, I received the promised action tube and forearm. It went on without a hitch.
Needless to say, I am very pleased with the customer service at Mossberg.

sharkman

,,,that's good to hear.glad they got you going. :)

what kind of forend can i get??

Okay, i want to install a 5 shot shell tacstar side saddle.. well after doing some research it looks like some people are having
Problems with their forends hitting the 5 t h shell.. so i hear cutting down the forends ect. I dont want to do that, because I'm sure it'll be ugly..

I'm seeing how it appears that i have the the forend "that has the action slides molded to the forend". So no tube attached to action slides.. just slides attached to the forend itself..

I tried removing the action slides trying to figure out if I could just put those on a desirable forend, but I can't as they are molded...

What are my options, do i have to spend 60 bucks + to buy a whole tuble with action slides attached so I can put a forend on that.. i dont even mind if there is a forend with molded action slides on them that serves my purpose..

I was hoping i could just spend less than 20 for a forend i could just swap.. but it's not looking that way...

What are my options???

Thank you...

Ps. I was hoping to watch pics but can't,, basically i need a forend that doesn't over lap the action..

Fore end Type on #54169

I am considering a 12 ga 500 model #54169 but one thing is holding me back.

Does anyone know if that model has a pinned fore end or the traditional slide attachment?

I don't want a pinned fore end.

Thanks.

Re: Fore end Type on #54169

I haven’t handled one but judging by all the photos I would say it is not a pinned forend......not sure if they can even pin the wood forend, durability wise it doesn’t seem like a good idea.

Back