• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Pump Action Forends

Re: what kind of forend can i get??

you could carry ammo another way like a butt cuff or something. You have to spend for an action tube if you want to change forends

oli700 said:
you could carry ammo another way like a butt cuff or something.

I have an old shotgun bandolier that holds 20 shells that I turned into a sling.

It's not exactly pretty, and it's heavy, but I don't stress about not having enough shells to put down whatever I need to.

drugfreecostumepics027.jpg

Haha,, yea its not pretty... maybe even a little ugly.... but I the these things aren't supposed to be pretty!!

Okay.. since I'm gonna need an action tube.. could I get one that has the forend on it that I want.. i would hate for something to show up that covers the action...

I am assuming you want the Hogue Overmolded Forend so you can have a side saddle on the receiver. You can only purchase the Forends and Slide Tube Assemblies separate. Both can be purchased from the same distributor, like Midwayusa, and you would hypothetically receive them at the same time. However, you will still need to assemble them. It really isn't all that hard, just getting to learn your shotgun and how to assemble/disassemble it would really help! :)

You will also need the proper Adapter Nut

Re: Fore end Type on #54169

I would agree that they wouldn't pin the forend if it is wooden... But there has been stupider things done before lol Discuss your concerns with your FFL and see if he will order it in, knowing that if it has a pinned forend you do not want it. Most of the time they are okay with it, usually gives them some fresh stock to circulate through.

just take a look at your gun and if it looks like this pic,it's not pinned.

Attachments

• Mossberg_500_forend_nut.jpg
    Mossberg_500_forend_nut.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 169

I don't think he has it in hand just yet... it is either still at the dealer or he is considering ordering it from online through an FFL. Which is why I mentioned seeing if the FFL will still order the shotgun in regardless if he ends up purchasing it or not lol

oh,,,,ok lol

Attachments

• double_facepalm_Stupid_Japan_peoples_inventions-s350x280-71151-580.jpg
    double_facepalm_Stupid_Japan_peoples_inventions-s350x280-71151-580.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 156

oli700 said:
old mossy said:
just take a look at your gun and if it looks like this pic,it's not pinned.
still good advice though

Absolutely! I am not dismissing that at all, just I don't think the OP has the 500 in hand to check.

Itsricmo.. yes. I want a forend that doesn't cover the reciever.. i wouldn't mind getting a forend similar to the one in this link. What size action tube do I need to get.. i essentially just don't want that receiver to be overlapped.

This is so tuff because I would hate to order the wrong thing.they show forends galore online but they dont show them on the shot gun themself.

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... 6m7HDg.jpg

Could you post some links of the action tube and forend that you think would accomplish my goal?? I'd seriously appreciate it..

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... 6m7HDg.jpg

Here we go.. do you think this covers the reciever? What size action tube would i need...?? I'm sure i can install myself, i just won't understand the whole action tube thing ( regarding size) until i can mess with it.. i would think the forends would say the size action tube you need. Which is why I'm not grasping this..

Thanks again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Strap- ... 1099631353

That listing is only for the strap kit.. but that's kind of what I'm looking for...

,,,maybe this will clear up the action tube,,,,,,

Attachments

• 05001L_05[1].jpg
    05001L_05[1].jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 263

ilikethe2nd1 said:
Here we go.. do you think this covers the reciever? What size action tube would i need...?? I'm sure i can install myself, i just won't understand the whole action tube thing ( regarding size) until i can mess with it.. i would think the forends would say the size action tube you need. Which is why I'm not grasping this..

Thanks again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Strap- ... 1099631353

That listing is only for the strap kit.. but that's kind of what I'm looking for...

That is a picture of the forend you want(OEM)…..
There is a plethora of forends that will work for you out there…..more that will than that wont in fact.

Havlin sales 636-937-6401

You are looking for a 7 5/8” action slide tube and a synthetic ribbed forend to go with it. You should get out of it for less than 75 bucks .....should come with the nut but ask to make sure

or just get the tube and order another forend for the 7 5/8 tube,which is 95% of the aftermarket forends out there

Oli700 thank you.. that will be the size action tube I'll look for. Now i know what I'm looking for. Ribbed ...

ilikethe2nd1 said:
Oli700 thank you.. that will be the size action tube I'll look for. Now i know what I'm looking for. Ribbed ...

I have sometimes heard of it referred to as "corncob" style as well. If you search Ebay for a used one, it may be called that.

500 Foregrip Question

Having short arms, the foregrip on my 500 is to far forward for me. I have an older version with the 7 3/4 tube. My question is if I switch to the shorter 6 3/4 tube and grip will this bring the grip back to the receiver. I've seen pictures of Mossbergs with foregrips that look as if they go over the receiver when racked. Any help would be appreciated as the grip as is feels uncomfortable to me.

Back