• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

I have an 835 "Slugster". It has a 24 smooth bore barrel with rifle sights and wood stocks. The receiver is blued, but not drilled and tapped for a rail. The serial number is UM765XX. I bought this shotgun used, so I did not get a box or any paperwork with it.....

Thanks,

Mick

Thank you for posting your numbers.

Could you please double check it,,,,,,is there a "0" after the UM ?

The reason I asked you was like you said it's a 1999 gun according to those numbers and what we have in our data base.

Puzzles me is the undrilled receiver. Another Mossberg mystery. ???

You could email ,,,,

Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

She will give you the exact born date.

The reason I asked you was like you said it's a 1999 gun according to those numbers and what we have in our data base.

Puzzles me is the undrilled receiver. Another Mossberg mystery. ???

You could email ,,,,

Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

She will give you the exact born date.

It looks to be made sometime in 1999 or thereafter. I will send an email to Norma Martinez and see what she has to say…………:)

Thanks,

Mick

Hey Mossy.

I just joined the forum so I could help with the serial number database. Just so happens I have a Mossberg 500-ATP 8 shot model. Serial number H571XXX. Emailed Mossberg and they said it was made in 1981.

Thanks.

Welcome,

Thank you for posting your numbers. I will update our data base.

Stop by the new members section and introduce yourself.:)

Welcome. Thank you for posting your numbers. Looks like you have a 1976.

I will update our data base.

I was finally able to pull out the Mossberg 342ka that was handed down to me from my father and wanted to learn more about it. As my boyfriend and I were carefully taking it apart, I noticed there was no serial number anywhere on the rifle. After further research it is my understanding that this particular rifle may have been made between 1960-68. Is there anyway to find out actually when she was made?

Mossberg started serial numbers in 1968. You might want to email Mossberg and see if they can determine what year it is from any stampings. ????

Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

Also you can contact National Mossberg Collectors Association. That's run by Vic Havlin (636) 937-6401.

Mossberg started serial numbers in 1968. You might want to email Mossberg and see if they can determine what year it is from any stampings. ????

Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

Also you can contact National Mossberg Collectors Association. That's run by Vic Havlin (636) 937-6401.

I went through some of your postings yesterday and emailed Ms. Martinez, just haven't received anything back yet.

I don't see any serial #'s for the Mossberg 9200 - mine starts with SB2xxx - If I remember right (lol) purchased in 1994 or 95

Back