• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

It's ok man, anybody with that user ID and avatar is good with me. I use this wallpaper on my office computer, phone, etc...

Darthjim,

Nice vid! And, it only cost you about a buck to pop off a full mag...that would have been two .223 rounds!

trp97 said:
Darthjim,

Nice vid! And, it only cost you about a buck to pop off a full mag...that would have been two .223 rounds!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm really happy with the price of ammo for this gun. I'm just starting to get into shooting, so my first gun was a Remington 870 Express shotgun which has performed flawlessly, and again... 12 gauge ammo is pretty cheap and plentiful. The 715T is my second gun and I'm very pleased with it. I figured my first guns should be either cheap to shoot and/or tried and tested. My next purchase will be a 1911 .45, I just like the feel of the 1911 in my hands and I like the looks too. I'm going with a .45 just out of personal preference. My buddy has a nice 1911 all dressed up and he has more ammo than he needs... so I'll help him get rid of some :lol: He also has a Kriss Vector chambered in .45, so we have fun with those. After my pistol I'm thinking of getting a bolt-action target rifle... perhaps chambered in .308 (but that's not set in stone). I just want to be able to go have friendly competitions with my friends, shooting different distances in different weather conditions.

~DarthJim

B5711676-9AA2-4B7A-8366-B0DF3C1D086A-792-000000462BD194E5.jpg

F52E220F-FC7F-4131-9FD6-36909B38692F-792-0000004623B2FF70.jpg

881430EE-7B94-4F9B-81FA-5F0E8DB22138-792-000000461DD6077A.jpg

Hope these pics show up..lol.
I justtook theses today here at work.. My new 715T with 3-25 rnd mags.
And my 9mm glock 17 with flashlight/green laser combo and 3-17 rnd mags,2-10 rnd mags,and a 33 rnd mag,

Just got my 715t yesterday. Do you guys recommend cleaning it before taking it to the range for the first time?

I bought a Tactical .22 last month, the first one wouldn’t fire, and the mag jammed. Returned for a new one, and have yet to fire it. I bought two 25 round magazines, they won’t load properly, beyond 6 or 7 rounds. The original 10 round does the same. I’m going to try and re-work the mags, so I’ll see what happens. I spoke to Mossberg, and they said send them in, but I had to wait forever to get them originally, and not sure how long the turnaround would be.

unit1069 said:
I bought a 715T this morning and was fortunate to discover MidwayUSA has the 25-round magazines, so I bought two (the limit).

Watching the videos of the disassembly/reassembly I'm very concerned about proper takedown but I own a 25-year old Ruger Mark II and think if I can reassemble that the Mossberg shouldn't be too much more difficult.

Any tips will be appreciated, and looking forward to getting my new 715T prepped correctly so that I can enjoy years of fun.

I thought it was time for a review of my new 715T, so I hope readers are interested.

After I bought the handle version I became very concerned that I had made a mistake even before shooting it. When I watched the disassembly/assembly video I understood that all AR-style .22lr rifles aren't designed alike, and not being mechanically inclined I figured I'd really stepped into it. Next was the ammo situation, where like so many others I couldn't find any .22lr ammo for weeks.

Next was the weather, which was unseasonably cold and nasty, and finally my daughter's car needed repair and I was going to sell the NIB 715T unfired if possible.

Well, I found some ammo, the weather cleared up, and I found the finances to fix the car so I decided to shoot the gun. I had been patient with the two 25-round magazines I bought the same day I bought the rifle and let them sit for a couple of weeks fully loaded. Yes, they can be tricky but patience and persistence taught me I don't need to disassemble or oil them; switching back and forth from handloading and the tool allowed me to load-empty-reload several times prior to shooting.

At the initial range break-in I primarily shot bulk pack Federal in the 550-round box, which has always been the best cheap .22lr ammo for my Ruger Mark II. I had a number of FTF, FTE, and duds with this ammo, so I tried a 50-round box of Winchester X, with the same results. I then went to a 100-round box of Winchester Super X and the results were somewhat better but overall I was disappointed that things hadn't gone as well as I hoped. I finally ended the session by shooting the two remaining 50-round boxes of the Winchester X and was surprised that the hundred rounds went off with only a couple of hitches. The 10-round magazine shot every ammo without difficulty, adding to my concerns that there's a design problem with the hi-cap mags.

I came home, watched the disassembly/assembly video again, then set about cleaning the gun with a lot of anxiety. It didn't take long to disassemble but cleaning was a real chore because I like to be as thorough as possible. I was pleased that putting it back together wasn't as difficult as I imagined, except getting the bolt/trigger assembly back into place took quite a while. Again, patience and persistence won the day. I was concerned that I had forgotten to take the toothbrush/solvent to the extractor and hoped this wouldn't create a problem on the second range visit.

Last night I found some bulk pack Golden Bullet ammo --- the worst-performing ammo I've ever used in my Mark II --- and took it and the rifle to the range this afternoon. The weather was dreary but warm enough, and I was the only one at the outdoor range. This time I decided to only shoot the 25-round magazines and I am pleased to report that in the two hundred rounds of Golden Bullet I fired I only suffered a single incident where a spent casing got caught in the bolt during ejection. The last two magazines were fired as fast as I could pull the trigger. What a hoot! To say I'm extremely optimistic at this point is an understatement. I went to the range expecting to shoot at least three hundred rounds but decided to save the 325 rounds I have left. My thought was to come back, thoroughly clean the gun, and hope I can find more ammo before shooting it again.

I thoroughly cleaned the rifle but again the bolt/trigger reassembly is a bitch for me to get done; but this time I remembered to take the toothbrush to the extractor with solvent. It took me about two hours to disassemble/clean/reassemble the rifle but since my hopes are high I don't really mind.

I had thought I should have bought a different AR-style gun, but with my increasing optimism with the 715T the difference in price adds up to a whole lot of .22lr ammunition, and I know the other AR-style rifles can be just as tempermental as Mossberg when it comes to ammo and function. The next time out I hope to shoot a ton of ammo and once I'm totally confident I plan on shooting this rifle as often as I can. It's really a whole lot of fun at a reasonable cost.

So for anyone who has the same concerns as I did, I recommend patience and persistence and with a little luck in a short time you might be where I am now in the 715T experience. If you feel comfortable with breaking down the new gun and cleaning it before firing it I strongly suggest doing that as I now suspect the factory gunk may very well have caused my initial range outing problems.

I picked this up a few days ago from a shop, lucky find I called to put it on hold (they were on sale) and my dad went in to get a raincheck for me....someone had one on hold and never came to get it so I got that one :D

I decided on the rail top version vs the handle, and I just have the 1 25 mag.

Tonight I picked up some CCI and loaded the 25 mag for the first time, I little tough to get past 11 but I got the full 25 in. It will sit for a few days like this until saturday. Tomorrow is dismantle and clean/lube day.

I did notice one this, I'm a total noob and this is a noob mistake - when I loaded the last one in I wanted to make sure there was no more room and I used the "helper" to push the top one down and dented the top cartridge. I won't do that again, it will go in the duds bin at the range on saturday.

I live in Ontario so the hunt is on for more mags, bulk CCI ammo, a bi-pod/foregrip and a sight. If any other canadians have some suggestions for a good store online or brick please let me know. I see the good US store won't ship to us up here.

congrats on your new mossy. :) nothing we like better than talking mossy's is seeing them.post a pic and don't forget a range report. have fun.

hi im aaron i just bought my rifle on saturday but have to wait til the 26th to pick it up. it looks like its going to be a lot of fun to shoot. i do have a question that i cant seem to find the answer to and that is, is it possible to switch the plastic hand guard and put on a metal one that i have? thanks.

Don't think so the plastic forgrip is molded to the reciever as one piece....u could cut the plastic forgrip but not sure how u would go about mounting a real steel one .....search around u will c some pics of the 715t taken apart where u can see its just a 702 plinkster in a plastic shell......

cdnmossy said:
I live in Ontario so the hunt is on for more mags, bulk CCI ammo, a bi-pod/foregrip and a sight. If any other canadians have some suggestions for a good store online or brick please let me know. I see the good US store won't ship to us up here.

I ordered 2 mags from MilArm (they're located in Edmonton, AB) and they had plenty of 25-rd mags when I ordered. I live in Ontario too and 2 mags plus HST and shipping came to 78.64 CDN. I didn't use their website, I just called them and had them send me an invoice.

Hope that helps.

~DarthJim

Back