• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

DarthJim said:
cdnmossy said:
I live in Ontario so the hunt is on for more mags, bulk CCI ammo, a bi-pod/foregrip and a sight. If any other canadians have some suggestions for a good store online or brick please let me know. I see the good US store won't ship to us up here.

I ordered 2 mags from MilArm (they're located in Edmonton, AB) and they had plenty of 25-rd mags when I ordered. I live in Ontario too and 2 mags plus HST and shipping came to 78.64 CDN. I didn't use their website, I just called them and had them send me an invoice.

Hope that helps.

~DarthJim

Do they ship to the US?

I just got off the phone with them & she will check with her boss to see if they can ship to the US. I'll let you guys know.

Here is a shot of my Mossberg 715T I have Magpul flip up back up sites, a zombie stopper holographic and 3X magnifier. It also has a vertical grip with built in strobe/flashlight and laser.

I have a question about the barrel, I assumed this was a threaded barrel but I attempted to remove the muzzle break and wasn't able to get it off. That said I didn't give it a whole lot of torque because I didn't want to damage it. So is it a threaded barrel? Thanks

time2talkwatches said:
Here is a shot of my Mossberg 715T I have Magpul flip up back up sites, a zombie stopper holographic and 3X magnifier. It also has a vertical grip with built in strobe/flashlight and laser.

I have a question about the barrel, I assumed this was a threaded barrel but I attempted to remove the muzzle break and wasn't able to get it off. That said I didn't give it a whole lot of torque because I didn't want to damage it. So is it a threaded barrel? Thanks

Ive read from the other threads that the flat top version has a threaded barrel. You just need to yank it a little harder prolly coz its locktite'd. Please do a search in this forum.

Nice setup btw :)

time2talkwatches said:

Heres the thread: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=3981

time2talkwatches said:

welcome from NY. nice looking rifle!

leadgunner said:
DarthJim said:
cdnmossy said:
I live in Ontario so the hunt is on for more mags, bulk CCI ammo, a bi-pod/foregrip and a sight. If any other canadians have some suggestions for a good store online or brick please let me know. I see the good US store won't ship to us up here.

I ordered 2 mags from MilArm (they're located in Edmonton, AB) and they had plenty of 25-rd mags when I ordered. I live in Ontario too and 2 mags plus HST and shipping came to 78.64 CDN. I didn't use their website, I just called them and had them send me an invoice.

Hope that helps.

~DarthJim

Do they ship to the US?

I got an email yesterday from them & they said they can't sell & ship to the US. They also said they just sold all the magazines they had for the 715T. They had about 25 mags on Wednesday, but sold them all yesterday.

kwikside said:
leadgunner said:
Do they ship to the US?

I got an email yesterday from them & they said they can't sell & ship to the US. They also said they just sold all the magazines they had for the 715T. They had about 25 mags on Wednesday, but sold them all yesterday.
bummer. but thanks for the inquiries on our behalf :)

Yesterday I bought a 715T Tactical 22 cal. A2 style carry handle model. Just could not pass up a $199 sale price at Cabela's. Ok , I haven't fired this just yet so I just want to make some general observations. This gun has a cheap price because, well, it's cheap. The entire frame front to back is plastic. Following normal procedures to clean a new weapon before firing I commenced to breakdown this weapon. First I really don't understand Mossberg's recommendation to clean this gun every 200 rds. With improvement to powder that has been made over the years this sounds excessive, in particular for this gun given its cheap frame construction. Most shooters will shot 200 or more rounds thru a 22 every single time they take it out. There in lies my issue. There is a handful of little screws threaded into plastic holes that have to be removed and put back in to brake the frame down to get the the receiver. I can see right now that if I clean this gun every it is taken out then I am going to have some real maintainability issues. You are bound to start stripping out these little plastic screw holes over time. Repeated removing and replacing these screws is going to cause the plastic holes to become lose and sloppy. I really want to like this gun. It looks cool and my grandson is going to love shooting it. I am going to re-post after firing it a couple times to give my observations on it accuracy and reliability. Perhaps some feedback on the Mossberg recommendation to clean this gun every 200 rounds!!

You don't need to fully dissassemble every time you clean. Spray some CLP or gunscrubber in action and down barrel, brush it, patch it, whatever you do.

Fully take down every 5 or so outings and get in there good. I do agree with your assessment however.

wsandman, I'll even go further than speedyquad :)
I've had my 715T for well over a year now, and have about 10000 rounds through it.
I usually shoot about 300 rounds in a session which is on average once a week.
This past Sunday was routine....went through a 375 bulk box of CCI MiniMags with NO failures of any kind.
As usual I got home, spritzed some G96 solvent/cleaner into the action and then some spray lube.
In 10000 rounds I've had it fully apart twice (though I'll do so again now that winters nearly here).

Ok a report on my first day at the range with this gun. Let us just say...it was way less than enjoyable. It was totally impossible to bring the scope into calibration as originally mounted. Max. right windage adjustment still left me nearly 8" left. So I had to pop for another $30 for a set of Millet scope mounts. Finally after over an hour of mount removal and remount I was finally able to get a reasonable 3-4" pattern at 50yds. The come the feeds problems. About 1 out of every 6-8 rounds did not feed properly. I attribute this to the absolute miserable design and quality of the magazine along with the guns Magazine retention. I hope this gets better.

wsandman...now we find out how much patience you have ;-)
First...the Mossberg Mags...known issues with spring tension. One thing that seems to help is loading the mag to capacity and then leaving it sit for a week or so.
Feeding issues....these guns define the term 'ammo picky'.
When I got my 715T I was getting stovepipes, failure to feeds, double feeds, failure to eject...you name it on a rate of at least 2-3 occurrences for every 25rd mag.
Found the most reliable was Blazer (but only the CCI version) and CCI MiniMags. Now I was only getting a failure every one or two mags...tolerable but not ideal.
At that time I did my first strip down (one of only two I've done so far) and thoroughly cleaned everything and the lubed it up and put it together.
By now my mags had been sitting filled to capacity for a week or so and the springs were noticeably less 'springy'.
Now it truly is a very dependable gun. As I mentioned above I shoot it nearly every week...usually 200-300 rounds per session (8-12 mags) and it is not at all uncommon to go through the entire session without one single failure.
Afterwords I thoroughly spray the action with a solvent/cleaner, let it sit an hour and then spay some lube in the action. After about 5000 trouble free rounds I stripped her apart again and found that it wasn't all that dirty. Put it back together and another 5000 rounds and it still runs flawlessly.
But that first month...I was convinced I had made the worst firearms purchase of my life.

wsandman said:
Ok a report on my first day at the range with this gun. Let us just say...it was way less than enjoyable. It was totally impossible to bring the scope into calibration as originally mounted. Max. right windage adjustment still left me nearly 8" left. So I had to pop for another $30 for a set of Millet scope mounts. Finally after over an hour of mount removal and remount I was finally able to get a reasonable 3-4" pattern at 50yds. The come the feeds problems. About 1 out of every 6-8 rounds did not feed properly. I attribute this to the absolute miserable design and quality of the magazine along with the guns Magazine retention. I hope this gets better.

hmmmmmmmm...nothing at all like my experience... ;)

snagglepuss said:
wsandman...now we find out how much patience you have ;-)
First...the Mossberg Mags...known issues with spring tension. One thing that seems to help is loading the mag to capacity and then leaving it sit for a week or so.
Feeding issues....these guns define the term 'ammo picky'.
When I got my 715T I was getting stovepipes, failure to feeds, double feeds, failure to eject...you name it on a rate of at least 2-3 occurrences for every 25rd mag.
Found the most reliable was Blazer (but only the CCI version) and CCI MiniMags. Now I was only getting a failure every one or two mags...tolerable but not ideal.
At that time I did my first strip down (one of only two I've done so far) and thoroughly cleaned everything and the lubed it up and put it together.
By now my mags had been sitting filled to capacity for a week or so and the springs were noticeably less 'springy'.
Now it truly is a very dependable gun. As I mentioned above I shoot it nearly every week...usually 200-300 rounds per session (8-12 mags) and it is not at all uncommon to go through the entire session without one single failure.
Afterwords I thoroughly spray the action with a solvent/cleaner, let it sit an hour and then spay some lube in the action. After about 5000 trouble free rounds I stripped her apart again and found that it wasn't all that dirty. Put it back together and another 5000 rounds and it still runs flawlessly.
But that first month...I was convinced I had made the worst firearms purchase of my life.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have loaded up the Magazine and will let it sit for a while and see if there are improvements. I have a couple 100rd strips of CCI Mini Mags and 3 bulk boxes of CCI Tactical. I was shooting up the last of my Winchester Super X ammo on this first outing. I will use my CCI stock next time. Thank you for your input.

Yes definately love this gun. Def a great add on to the collection. Dont have to many but i think 5 guns is enough for one person to clean and maintain and have plenty of ammo for. below is a list of the arsenal!

Back