• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Replacement/Spare Parts

bellofello

.270 WIN
I know a few people have mentioned that they were trying to procure information from Mossberg about obtaining a the outer shell from the flat top version.

Has anyone found out any more information, pricing, availability, etc...

The flat top version of the rifle that I ordered from Cabelas a few months ago is still on backorder :evil:
So I'm contemplating ordering the shell instead and putting the money towards something else.

Re: flat top shell

bellofello said:
I know a few people have mentioned that they were trying to procure information from Mossberg about obtaining a the outer shell from the flat top version.

Has anyone found out any more information, pricing, availability, etc...

The flat top version of the rifle that I ordered from Cabelas a few months ago is still on backorder :evil:
So I'm contemplating ordering the shell instead and putting the money towards something else.

Have you had any luck tracking down a shell yet, i contacted the shell makers in brazil, and the us, but they say they are only the distributors for the ammo side and the shell would have to be got directly from mossberg,

flat top shell

No I havent done any digging yet.

Also apparently they are having a hard time getting the new flat top versions(complete gun) into Canada or out of the states, due to the "muzzle device"

bellofello said:

Also apparently they are having a hard time getting the new flat top versions(complete gun) into Canada or out of the states, due to the "muzzle device"

yeah thats why i was going for the shell, was just going to get a plikster to put inside it, that way no probs with politcs and customs!

colonelchimp said:
bellofello said:

yeah thats why i was going for the shell, was just going to get a plikster to put inside it, that way no probs with politcs and customs!

Hi there, here's the reply from mossy about the sale of shells looks like a no, but at least they will replace parts under warrantee, without receipt!

Good Morning;

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not offer the shell of these rifles as accessories for individual sale, upgrade, or retro-fitting. If your Tactical 22 body has broken you may send it in to our service center so that we may replace it with a new one, under warranty. We apologize for any inconvenience.

You may send your broken part to our service center for an exchange under warranty. Please send to the below address with a letter inside including your name, phone number, physical address, description of the problems, and the serial number of the gun that it belongs to. You do not need to send the receipt of purchase.

Mossberg Service Center

ATTN REPAIR

1001 Industrial Blvd.

Eagle Pass, TX. 78852

800-363-3555

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Spare Parts

Just picked up a 715T model 37202 and disassembled/cleaned/reassembled.

Quick question, where do I get spare parts, the black Philips screws for starters (I just know I will muck up the head on one or more of them) and the spring and guide rod.

Those look like they will wear out quick, the rest of it seems fine. Oh, I will need a 25 round magazine, but they seem easy to locate.

Going up to the mountains this weekend for a fishing trip and we always do our part to rid the world of beer cans and bottles at the private shooting range.

Brand new Mossberg 715T and a brand new SigPro 9mm. Going to be a lot of brass lying around.

Re: New Owner with a question

Howdy DoctorCAD and welcome to the club...

You should check out Havlin sales for parts...

http://www.havlinsales.com/

send them an email if you cant find what you are looking for, they might be able to locate it for you as well.

and maybe brownells ...
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k= ... h=mossberg

idk much about your gun but i'd thought i could say hi and offer some assistance...

In case anyone cares, Mossberg will send me a new spring and plastic bolt buffer free.

I guess that if enough people ask for something, a good company does respond.

Nice!

Glad to see they're taking care of you. Keep us posted on how she runs when you get the incoming parts installed...

Good news. At least you didn't get the run around.

ripjack13 said:
Good news. At least you didn't get the run around.

No runaround...the parts department knew exactly what I needed before I even asked. I guess the spring is in high demand.

Terrible design (I have been designing machinery since 1986) the rod and/or the hole on the action needs to be about 1/8" longer so that the rod is inside the action when putting it back together. That would eliminate the "bend-point" on the spring. A $0.05 fix for a $10.00 problem.

Webb, I dont believe it is. I think we have a couple or few other Canadian members with the Tac .22.

spare parts

i own a mossberg 715 plinkster and am looking for a replacement bolt so that in a few years when the eject clip breaks i can replace it and also another telescoping stock for same reason. can anyone help ?

Re: spare parts

Not really sure but I'll share this lil story with you.

The other day i field stripped mine to clean off any shipping grease out the box as I heard Mossberg loads this thing up with cosmoline. Well i did just that and upon reassembly i bent the crap out of the bolt spring which totally killed the smoothness of the action. I called Mossberg up for a replacement and the guy told me he would send one out to me (free) when they got it but there is about a 2-3 week wait on this since they didnt have any in stock. Well an hour after I gave the guy the ok to send I was able to straighten out the spring the best i could, reassembled again and violah... smooth as butter again. So i have a working bolt spring which i intend to use until it no longer works right and I at the same time I will have a little surprise back-up spring in the mail in a few weeks. So i now have a backup bolt spring.

Now i dont condone fraud but maybe if your bolt just so happend to "break" maybe Mossberg will send you another one by mail for free? Hope I am not breaking any forum rules. Im new here :D In any case, let me know how you go about this because I am interested in pickin up some spare parts myself.

Bought my flat top in edmonton canada, not restricted. Liked the flat top better, got a cheap red dot Site too. works good as long as it's cleaned every 700 or 800 shots. mag just needed a little break in time to lose up. 12 year old daughter really loves it. nice and light for her, she has no problem hitting the ends of pop cans at 100 yards.

Re: spare parts

Your best bet is to just call Mossberg directly and I am sure for a very reasonable fee they can send you out some spares. I know the stock you can get directly from ATI who happens to be a forum sponsor here.

Re: Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Spare Parts

I might be picking up a half finished project gun from a guy and it looks like it will need a foreend
Any ideas on where I could buy one?

Mossberg 715t replacement parts?

Hi. First I want to say I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums. I'm new to these forums and this is my first time posting.

Anyway, I own a Mossberg 715t with carry handle and I was wondering where I might be able to find just the outer casing, so I can convert it over to the Flat Top model. I've looked around on Mossberg's website and many others, but haven't been able to find anything. Can I even do this, or would it require buying a new one?

Back