• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- What ammo you using?

Used Winchester Super X where maybe 1-2 of 625 rounds got caught when the bolt didn't properly take the round from the mag into the chamber.

Fired a couple hundred CCI mini-mags with no issues so far.

Neither brands ever exhibited a misfire / dud situation.

I have a lot of different stuff to try out. Bucket o Bullets, CCI, Subsonic, Winchester. Any one of those going to be a problem?

jglad said:

Absolutely not.

Those are .22 MAGNUM rounds and produce far greater blast pressure than the 715T chamber can handle. Not to mention that they are loo long to fit in your magazine or seat properly in the chamber. Please do not try to fire these in your 715T. You could very likely end up blinded by a face full of plastic and metal fragments...

Gunowner99 said:
I have a lot of different stuff to try out. Bucket o Bullets, CCI, Subsonic, Winchester. Any one of those going to be a problem?

The CCI should run the best for you.

Could be hit or miss with the Remington and Winchester, but it should do ok. The subsonic might be an issue as, depending on which type you're using, they might not produce enough energy to properly cycle the action...

^^ my 715t ft cycles remington and cci subsonics flawlessly...before break in I had maybee 10 that fte .....

After a few boxs of ammo I haven't had a ftf or fte in atleast 1000 rds...500 of wich where remington subsonics

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
jglad said:

Absolutely not.

Those are .22 MAGNUM rounds and produce far greater blast pressure than the 715T chamber can handle. Not to mention that they are loo long to fit in your magazine or seat properly in the chamber. Please do not try to fire these in your 715T. You could very likely end up blinded by a face full of plastic and metal fragments...
Those where .22lr, cabelas just had the wrong picture up. I ordered some and the order/description/etc all stated .22lr

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

So far (in my 715T):
Works well: Federal Champion 36gr. (525rnd bulk pack)
--2 FTEs in ~1000 rnds

Not so well: Winchester 40gr. Super-X
--A very silly amount of FTEs

Ive used all this so far and i havnt had any issues. It all cycled fine threw mine

Mossberg715Tammo_zps96aca044.jpg

I know others have suggested in previous posts too...use only brass covered bullets, not lead only bullets!

trp97 said:
I know others have suggested in previous posts too...use only brass covered bullets, not lead only bullets!

Yeah i dont make it a habbit of it, the CCI and the federal match were not copper coated but its just a plinker and im not worried about the barrel i use brass brusehes to clean with that helps dig out all the lead. I havnt noticed them being all that dirty actually. I keep my ammo oiled and i think that helps also. Im just happy i can get any ammo copper coated or not.

IMO whats the most important is hyper velocity, the more kick you can squeeze out of a .22 round the more reliable it is.

Shot my 715T Flat top for the first time several days ago. I used the Winchester M22 ammo I got from Walmart ($47 for 1000 rounds). Shot about 400 rounds that day with no issues whatsoever. My mag also worked like a charm. Kept filling and spewing 25 rounds per load. Now if I can only get the mag to release faster (too tight) then I can shoot more rounds per range hour. Dont want to buy extra mags until the prices goes down. Its out of stock anywhere else and the price gougers at GB wants $60++ each. Unless you guys knows where I can get one with a reasonable price :)

Today i shot CCI STANDARD velocity threw the 715T again not one hickup.

I mounted a scope on it first 2 mags or so i spent click the scope adjustments, then i punched out the center with it.

CCI standard velocity
Mossberg715Tscope_zps508d64f2.jpg

BowerR64 said:
Today i shot CCI STANDARD velocity threw the 715T again not one hickup.

I mounted a scope on it first 2 mags or so i spent click the scope adjustments, then i punched out the center with it.

CCI standard velocity
Mossberg715Tscope_zps508d64f2.jpg

Works for me!

Hello:
New to the site but thought i'd report my experience on ammo feeding, tried the cheap Blazer .22LR. out of first 25 mag 2 hangup, Remington Viper .22LR. out of 50 rounds 1 hang up.
CCI Mini Mag .22LR. 175 rounds no hang ups.
Looks like you get what you pay for. In my view any hang up is unacceptable. Especially in a weapon designed for tatical use.
Maynard

22lr is the most unpredictable rd produced.....unless u get match ammo....I have many 22lr fire arms .....seems like I always get a few duds or fte's with the cheap ammo regardless of the rifle.....so far the the most consistent rds for me have been cci minimags,cci standard,remington sub sonics,and the fedral bulk not ftf's or fte's in 500-1000 rds each.....the remington thunderbolts and cci blazer seem hit or miss a few bad ones per box.....the Winchesters seem to give me problems in all my 22's lately lots of duds and dinged up cases...

I find if I lightly lube my ammo before use I get way less fte's

I was having issues with my new 715T and could not shoot 10 rounds without it jamming. I think a lot of my problems were with the poor quality of the clips they are selling with these. Anyways, I pulled it apart, cleaned and oiled it, fixed some issues with the clip today and ran about 200 rounds of Winchester M22 40gr, Winchester 36 gr white box, Remington golden bullets and CCI 36gr mini mags through it without a single jam.

Finally can enjoy the gun now!

Back