• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Accessories...

I'd like to swap out the rifle length quadrail for a carbine-length aluminum one. Any idea if that's possible?

JJC said:
I'd like to swap out the rifle length quadrail for a carbine-length aluminum one. Any idea if that's possible?

This is one of few issues I have with the Tac .22. I know Mossberg says it will accept a variety of aftermarket products already available for AR style firearms, but I dont know how swapping out the forend would be possible.

Someone else on here was talking about coming up with a way to do it though, so maybe soon!

Rossignol said:
JJC said:

This is one of few issues I have with the Tac .22. I know Mossberg says it will accept a variety of aftermarket products already available for AR style firearms, but I dont know how swapping out the forend would be possible.

Someone else on here was talking about coming up with a way to do it though, so maybe soon!

I think Mossberg is refering to the abundance of rails when it claims AR accessories will fit. I'm actually considering cutting the stock rails down to 3/4 their length. The only issue I foresee is keeping the 2 pieces held together at the end. I think clamping an accessory to that end of the rail (perhaps a sling mount on bottom, or flip-up backup sight on top) would keep it together just fine.

Another mod I need to do is swap out the stock. My Tac .22 came with the "fixed stock" because it was the only model in stock that also had the 25rd mag. This "fixed stock" is really just a typical adjustable stock with a fixed pin in place of the lever, keeping the stock from sliding into other positions. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove this steel pin. I've decided I"m just going to dremel it out and sacrifice the stock in the process.

All to do now is take home the Micrometer from work to measure the stock tube diameter. I'm not sure if it is Mil-spec or commercial. Once that is figured out, I'll order an upgraded stock. I'm favoring the SOPMOD so far.

If its the ATI, I think its the commercial. I could be wrong however, it happens sometimes!

Mossberg says anything that mounts to a standard picatinny rail. As CC mentioned, just depends on budget.

I have heard the Bushnell Trophy 3 MOA red dot is solid, and can be found for less that $100.

731303.jpg

http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/trophy/731303/

I picked up a Ruger SR22 last weekend and it came with no sights. I had a Bushnell trophy red dot/green dot scope, love it and fits the gun nicely. I picked it up a few months ago for just over $100..

Any pic. rail mounted optics will work. Mossberg includes a Tapco rail that bolts onto the A2 carry handle. The Tapco rail is tunnelled, leaving the iron sights still usable. You may also be able to mount optics on the top handguard rail to co-witness the iron sights. I haven't tried this myself so no promises.

Accessories that Work for the Tac .22:

Muzzle Brakes:
Barska Muzzle Brakes for the Ruger 10/22 fit. It's not a precise fit and I have not yet shot the gun with it installed, so I'm not sure how well it will hold up.

Stocks:
The stock tube measured to 1.168", so it should accept most Commercial-Spec adjustable stocks. I have a Magpul ACS on the way and will report back once installed.

Sights:
The Tapco rail for the A2 carry handle should support most Scopes and Dot-type sights. It does mount the sights a bit high for some people's preferences.

Bipods:
Any picatinny rail-style bipods should bolt on without issue. Grip-pods should work as well.

Magazines:
The early releases of the Tactical 22 included the 702 10rd mag. Later production included a 25rd option. As for as I know right now, only 702 magazines and the Tactcial 22-specific 25rd magazine will fit. I'm curious to see if any aftermarket companies will offer a high-capacity magazine.

Good post! If it were me, with the sights set that high, I would opt for a stock that allows for a cheek piece, like the MOE or CTR, if the height is an issue.

Rossignol said:
Good post! If it were me, with the sights set that high, I would opt for a stock that allows for a cheek piece, like the MOE or CTR, if the height is an issue.

Good idea. The factory installed stock is pre-drilled for an adjustable ATI cheek rest. Though I am not sure how high it can be adjusted.

I actually contacted a rep from ATI via e-mail and he stated that the stock on this gun is NOT his part. Interesting... I'm going to take a few photos this weekend to e-mail back to him.

The stock does say 'Advanced Technologies Int'l.' on it, doesn't it? And the pre-drilled/molded holes for the cheek rest look the same as the parts on their site.
(UPDATE: The ATI rep sent a second e-mail confirming that it is their stock and is on a Commercial-Spec tube.)

I contacted sales to see about another 25 round magazine so you aren't wasting time at the range.

"We will be offering a 25 round magazine clip for both the 702 Plinkster and the new 22 Tactical model. They will be available for purchase from our website and through our customer service hotline as of late February. The price is yet to be determined. Please keep checking with us at www.mossberg.com or 800-363-3555 for future availability."

Maverick Arms, Inc.
Mossberg Authorized Service Center
Attn Product Service Dept.
1001 Industrial Blvd.
Eagle Pass, Tx 78852
800-363-3555

moss23 said:
I contacted sales to see about another 25 round magazine so you aren't wasting time at the range.

"We will be offering a 25 round magazine clip for both the 702 Plinkster and the new 22 Tactical model. They will be available for purchase from our website and through our customer service hotline as of late February. The price is yet to be determined. Please keep checking with us at http://www.mossberg.com or 800-363-3555 for future availability."

Maverick Arms, Inc.
Mossberg Authorized Service Center
Attn Product Service Dept.
1001 Industrial Blvd.
Eagle Pass, Tx 78852
800-363-3555

Good lookin out!

Back