• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Disassembly/Cleaning

Gunowner99 said:
Get in there, you will learn with practice!

I just finished taking it all apart! The only problems I had was getting the 2 pins out. Besides that's no issues! Less then an hour from start to finish :)

I find all these tiny little screws going in and out of plastic holes to be very worrysome for the long term durability of this weapon.

this was no dought the most pain in the butt gun to break down for sure. Every time i tried to put it back together i realized i forgot a piece and had to take it back apart again.

I am a first-time gun owner and just bought a new Mossberg 715T rifle around Christmas and have loved shooting it.

I have shot roughly 500 rounds and other than wiping it down a little after shooting have not disassembled the gun to clean it.

The gun shoots great and I know it needs to be cleaned at some interval but what is the general consensus on breaking it down to really clean it up?

Sean

Tagged for seeing what the responses from 715T owners say.

Congrats on getting into gun ownership. It is a REALLY BIG DEAL when you first start, so enjoy your excitement. Make it so contagious that you make your friends/relatives/co-workers/etc want to start down the same path. Being a gun owner is very AMERICAN.

Merged with the Mossberg Tactical .22 Disassembly/Cleaning thread.

There are several pages of good info here to read through...

Back