• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Stocks/Tubes

stock question

I am sure this has been posted or asked a bunch ...but can i convert a fixed to be adjustable and where can i buy the lever?...thanks

Re: stock question

Thanks i know what i will be doing tomorrow along with putting on the bipod and flashlight...might do the survival kit also

What is everytone's thoughts on the Magpul PTS stuff for this gun? I'm not going to be using it for tactical maneuvers, it's just a plinker that I want to look cool. I'm thinking of the PTS carbine stock and the PTS AFG1 or AFG2. Are these PTS parts as durable as the body of the gun?

The PTS stuff is spec'd for paintball guns, but I don't think it'll be an issue on the 715T. Not much recoil to worry about...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
The PTS stuff is spec'd for paintball guns, but I don't think it'll be an issue on the 715T. Not much recoil to worry about...

Yea, I've read about it a little. I guess I was just wondering if anybody has actually used it and if it causes much of a balance issue since it seems to be lighter than the real deal made in USA stuff. I can get both pieces on eBay for less than what it cost to buy one of the real ones, but I also know you get what you pay for and I don't want to make the gun feel any cheaper than it already does, nor do I want to throw money away. Also, pretty sure I read a thread where you suggested removing a pin on the adjustable ATI stock to remove it. Which pin where you referring to? The one that the adjustment handle pivots on, or something else?

Yeah, there's a small metal roll pin through the end of the stock detent pin. In that member's particular issue he needed to remove that pin for some reason, but it's not necessary to remove the stock. Just before the stock gets to the last position, pull the detent pin outward. The pin's spring will be pretty tough, but pull it out as far as you can and the stock should slide right off...

I'm pretty sure Itsricmo has had experience with the PTS stuff. You might send him a PM and see if he's got any advice...

I do indeed have some experience with the PTS stuff... First off, it is made in China... lol

PTS is Police Training Simulator... or at least that is what I could find haha It looks, operates and feels like the real deal but falls REALLY short of it.

I had mine mounted on "Aim Sports Full Length Rail" on my Mossberg 500 and that was a bad idea haha.. The springs kept coming loose and the sights would shift under the recoil. I had no use for them so I gave them to another member to use on their 715T... If my memory serves me well, they worked out great on the 22lr due to the lack of recoil.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Yeah, there's a small metal roll pin through the end of the stock detent pin. In that member's particular issue he needed to remove that pin for some reason, but it's not necessary to remove the stock. Just before the stock gets to the last position, pull the detent pin outward. The pin's spring will be pretty tough, but pull it out as far as you can and the stock should slide right off...

I'm pretty sure Itsricmo has had experience with the PTS stuff. You might send him a PM and see if he's got any advice...

Hmm, my flat top stock doesn't look like that. It seems that the pin is contained under the adjustment lever. It seems that I would have to remove the adjustment lever to pull that pin down.

Itsricmo said:
I do indeed have some experience with the PTS stuff... First off, it is made in China... lol

PTS is Police Training Simulator... or at least that is what I could find haha It looks, operates and feels like the real deal but falls REALLY short of it.

I had mine mounted on "Aim Sports Full Length Rail" on my Mossberg 500 and that was a bad idea haha.. The springs kept coming loose and the sights would shift under the recoil. I had no use for them so I gave them to another member to use on their 715T... If my memory serves me well, they worked out great on the 22lr due to the lack of recoil.

Thank you for responding. I can indeed see how the 500 would be an issue. I had the real deal stuff in my hand at Gander Mountain this evening and the stock didn't feel much different than the ATI stock that came on the 715T. I don't want to have to be extra careful of it, but like I said, I'm not going to be out doing tactical drills/maneuvers with it.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Can you post a pic?

I'm trying but for some reason the upload from my phone to Photobucket is taking forever. However, it appears the lever that allows movement is actually mounted to the pin you are referring to, so I decided to just pull straight down and hard on the lever that allows the stock to move. This pulled down the pin and allowed the stock to come off. If the picture ever uploads I will post it just case it can help anybody in the future.

Here's the pic.... you see the small pin in the lever. That is the pivot point but is also the attachment point for the pin that is pulled to allow movement. I just pulled on the whole handle to remove the entirie asumbly.

IMG_20130125_235026.jpg

I made my fixed stock adjustable just like the instructions in this thread said, thanks! I also was able to pull the pin out to remove the stock, so now looking for a cool replacement. Thanks for all the tips. Have put a BSA red dot on top of the carry handle, it is working great so far.

If anyone does try the Magpul PTS stuff, post about it. All I see is mil-spec size, am wondering about any wobble on the 715.

Pts is really no issue on this, or the mp 15-22, they don't have enough recoil. I have a pts foregrip on my 715t, no issues at all. I also have a cheap aimpoint red dot moddled after the m-68, not too fond of it, but it holds zero well, it is ment for airsoft I'm betting, but since I m not tearing it up out there, it's no problem. I have had a pts stock before, and I don't recommend it, unless you are cool with all the extra wobble. It seems to hold up ok, but it's just not the right size. I also have a I guess you could call it a pts taclight on it, about $30, and its really bright, and I haven't had any issues with it either. Same with my bipod. It really doesn't matter on this rifle, and most of it wouldn't matter on an ar15 either, it doesn't have much recoil either, just don't go for the cheap optics though, they will bump about 1/2 Moa one way or the other with each round.

NismoGriff said:
Here's the pic.... you see the small pin in the lever. That is the pivot point but is also the attachment point for the pin that is pulled to allow movement. I just pulled on the whole handle to remove the entirie asumbly.

IMG_20130125_235026.jpg
how dose that pin come out that the lever pivots on , just a punch and hammer ? or dose it snap over the pin, and the pin for sling just unscrews right , i wanna paint the gun but doing it right the first time

If I remember correctly the a punch and hammer will do the trick on the stck adjustment pin.

...and yes, you can simply unscrew the sling swivel stud...

Back