• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Stocks/Tubes

All,
I am looking for some advice. I currently have the carry handle version 715t with the ridiculous extra long quard rail. Can someone tell me is their a way that I can get an aftermarket aluminum to fit using barrel rings etc? I don't want to have to cut the original down.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, no.

Standard aftermarket AR-type quad-rail forends are fitted to the AR-15 upper receiver using either a d-ring assembly or a free-float barrel nut. That's not to say that something can't be rigged to work, but there's nothing designed for this type of install...

My stock was fairly easy to remove. All I did to remove was to put the stock in the last position. After it's there, pull the lever that allows you to adjust the stock downwards and that should pull the pin inside down so you can remove the stock. If you pull it down far enough, it should just slide off.
Hope this helps.

Re: Non adjustable stock to adjustable

Krypt Keeper said:
The adjustable stock option seems to vary a bit on where or when you buy your 715T.

I had a non adjustable stock.

few seconds with a dremal and a key ring and instant adjustable stock.

the post in the stock is spring loaded. Everything else is there to make it function except for the tab hooked to the pin for adjustment that is found on adjustable stocks. Looked all over for this part with no luck. So I will either make my own and drive a cold rolled pin in or leave the key ring in.

made a small half moon cut on either side of the pin, 1/8" wide and almost 1/8" deep. push down with a safety pin next to the pin and catch the hole in the pin that would normally have the cold rolled pin in it. Pull it up and move the stock half a hole legnth to keep it exposed. Remove the safety pin and insert a small key ring into pin.

instant adjustable stock for the cost of a key ring and 5 minutes of your time.

naturally a pic is here to explain things. This is a pic of the pin in the up position between holes so you can put the ring into it. and you can see the half moon slots i made on the sides.

hope this helps

Dave

what is preventing the pin from falling out ?

Drilled a hole in it, had a pin made 3/16 longer than the original and for less than $7 have an adjustable stock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 533
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 532
Airsoft stocks. Do they slide right on?

Do they slide right on the buffer tube or do you have to change that out?

Are they any tighter than the stock one?

Re: Airsoft stocks. Do they slide right on?

Yes that one will fit right on and is for airsoft/painball all magpul airsoft/paintball stuff is labeled PTS

This would be fine on a .22 caliber rifle. I wouldn't trust it (learned my lesson) on a 12 gauge or even a 20 gauge... But this should be great on your .22

Do any of these help tigten up the stock? the ATI stock rattles and is kind of annoying...

The magpul pts line fits pretty much the same as the ati stocks....

I used tape on the top side of the buffer tube to tighten my ati stock.....then swapped it for a liberty stock much tighter fit I had to remove the tape for it to fit

Can anyone send me a link to a Magpul Stock of any kind that will fit my commercial buffer tube. FOR CHEAP! I was looking on EBay and it looks as if the commercial ones are more expensive. What's up with that?

Back