• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg tells Dicks to stick it

I hope every supplier of product to Dick's starves them out. Dick's just opened their first one in this county and local social media indicate a lot of resentment and outright hatred for them.

I have a friend that works for Dicks Sorting Goods. I feel bad for the employees caught in the crossfire, the corp. realy put it out there with this one so there is going to be some colateral damage.

I guess it's not over. Hogue is dumping Dick's Sporting Good's too.

Hogue said they are distancing themselves from Dick’s Sporting Goods and their Field & Stream affiliate, removing them as an authorized dealer of Hogue products. In a statement, Hogue leadership said the retailer brought it on themselves with their recent decisions to no longer offer standard capacity magazines, restrict the minimum age of rifle buyers to 21, and hiring lobbyists to advance gun control efforts.
“Hogue has a long-standing tradition of supporting American enthusiasts with top quality firearm accessories and refuses to work with any organization who supports restricting the rights our Founders fought to provide and protect,” said third-generation managing owner, Neil Hogue.
Over the past half-century, Hogue has been known for their handgun grips but in recent has have expanded their product line to include rifle stocks, knives, holsters and gear bags among others. Dick’s currently
lists a number of Hogue grips in their catalog, as does Field & Stream.

We had a Dick's store open right around when it came out that they hired anti gun lobbyists. I have followed online and local gun owners are scarce in the gun section. Most reports have them selling golf equipment.

Yall go put some cash in the till and let Mossy know why !!!! I said when this occured among some friends id buy a new mossberg as a thank you. Get a tshirt or sticker or GUN !!!!
I had a great reason to grab a 500 field/security combo . Dont just talky talk walky walk.20180524_115017.jpg

I'm holding out for the Silver Reserve!

But yeah, Dicks can stick to selling Golf and soccer balls as far as I'm concerned. I'll probably never go in there again. I bought ammunition there several times but I have never purchased a gun through Dicks.

I remember going in there to buy a skateboard helmet, and discovered that Dicks does not even sell skateboards or skate accessories. You can't even buy a pair of traditional roller skates.

Dick's is really just a yuppie clothing store. I consider the place a joke when it comes to Sporting Goods.

I don't know what a Dick's looks like in other places but we have two in the city and they both are full of about 75% clothing and shoes.

When you walk in the store, the center 3/4 of the store is nothing but clothes and shoes.

Sporting Goods are just lining the outer walls, and the firearm section hidden in the furthest back corner (as far as possible from the highly profitable yoga pants and running bras) takes up less than 5% of the entire store.

I'll bet 90% of dicks profit is women's clothes.

Back