• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Trigger Stop Thread Size

I have a Mossberg Maverick 88, and it doesn't come with a trigger stop, even though they use the same tapped trigger as the 500 series. I need to know the thread size so I don't have to pay three dollars, plus shipping for such a small part. If any of you Mossy owners could hit it with a comb or wires, I'd appreciate it. The length would help, as well.

http://www.mossberg-gunparts.com/mossberg500.html
Part No. 48

I went to the hardware store, and I couldn't find anything that fit. 6-32, and 6-40 are too big, and 4-40 matches threads, but it's too small, and loose. I even tried metric with no luck.

It amazes me that they choose not to bring one of the popular attractions of the 500 series into the Maverick 88, even though the cost would be pennies, and they already put most of the effort in anyway, by taking the time to drill and tap a cast part.

I think when I find out the thread size, I'll buy a bag of 100, take one, and send it to another Maverick owner, who will send it to someone else, and so on.

I was going through screws for, what felt like, half and hour. 6-32 didn't want to fit at all. I'm thinking it's an oddball 5-40. If I don't get a confirmed answer soon enough, I'll just order a bag of 5-40 and return it if it doesn't work. I just wanted someone to confirm it with some wires.

That reminds me. I have to add thread wires to my wishlist.

Back