• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossy 464 SPX stock replacement?

cpy911

Copper BB
Do any of you know if it is possible to remove the adjustable AR-15 style stock on the SPX version and replace it with a more traditional straight stock? How is the wood stock removed on the standard 464s?

Thanks.

Note the long Socket wrench.

Link to thread.

DSC08036.JPG

did you replace yours? i want to get one of these rifles and change to a traditional buttstock

The wood one goes right on, just the same, but it has a hex bolt.

thanks for reply and that link, i should have stated i wanted the short bbl model with the plastic forearm and threaded muzzle, then change buttstock to plastic or wood (non adjustable)

Mine has the curved stock & lever.
DSCF8810.JPG

You do have to have the straight lever for a straight stock and the curved lever for the curved stock but they swap by removing 2 screws and 3 pins. I didn't take out the third one yet here. it still holds the lever to the trap door.

oh thanks for the info. so the curved style has a different more complicated attachment than the straight stock? is this for more leverage or secure fit i wonder?

Last edited:
It appears to be all the same. You just need a buttstock, lever, and stock attachment bolt that match.

Oh I see, you were explaining if one wanted to switch from one style lever/grip to another. I only wanted to exchange not change the style of grip

I was just warning that those 3 parts must match, but either set will fit any 464.

Back