• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossy 500's universal mods?

deebo10

Copper BB
My question is, are the 500's (A,B,C) universal when it comes to rails and mounts? I've searched different sites for these items and it takes me to a 500/590 catagory. But never specifies which 500 (A,B,C) the item is for.

New to mossy world. Recently acquired 20 GA mossy, which i learned from this site is a 500c. Any info, help, or general knowledge would be appreciated

Thanks

The stock is usually interchangable between the A and C models. Some PG stocks wont line up with the bolt release though.

Forends are not due to differences in mag tube diameter. I have heard of a few cases where a a shim was fabricated but that is not too common as far as I know.

Most other mods will be have to be looked at on a case by case basis. Shot shell carriers are gauge specific and clamps are gauge (barrel diameter) specific. Some sling mounts are interchangable depending on how they attach to the gun

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Thanks for the reply. So when a site isnt specific on the gauge or model is there some other type of info i could be looking for to know if its the right part or not? And i found anywhere that offer a mag tube extension? Is there for a 500c?

Most likely anything you see will fit a 500A unless specicically noted otherwise.

There are not maxgextensions for the 500 series. Your only option is to replace the entire mag tube as the retaining bolt threads into the end of it. This in turn makes the tube length and barrel a matched set. Longer tubes require a different barrel with a lug positioned furthur out. Im not sure an availability of 500C extended mag tubes/barrels

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Back