• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossy Si-one

claudester

Copper BB
Just got a Mossy SSi-one in 223 cal. and by the weight of it, you'd think it was a elephant gun. I wrote to Havlin to see if he could tell me the date of mfg. by the serial number. Seems like the mechanics are likea fine watch.

P1120315-vi.jpg

That is a fine looking gun!

Does anyone know if that checkering came from the factory like it is or was it done by the orig. owner. It looks like snake skin to me

Can you get a better pic of the checkering area? Closer and clear is good....

So is this Mossberg's answer to the Ruger No.1 ?

...or was it the other way around?

I just got a email from Havlin and she wrote, You have one of the newer ones made in April of 2003. I had read that they were made in 1993 to 1998

Perhaps that was written in 2001 and they started making them again in 2002?

Just received a copy of the Mossberg 2000 catalogue and it is listed page 2 & 3. So was making them before 2000 for the picture to be in the catalogue.

Does anyone know if that checkering came from the factory like it is or was it done by the orig. owner. It looks like snake skin to me
That is factory. I have a heavy-barreled 22-250 with the same checkering. Interesting rifles. I want another barrel or two for mine. Enjoy!

I have 4 of these and I am looking for some barrels the .243, .308, .223 heavy. I have the rest of them and an extra Turkey barrel.

Back