• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MSR Dromedary Bag

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Picked up a 6 liter MSR Dromedary Bag this afternoon...

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/water/storage/dromedary-bags/product

Dromedary® Bags

Our burliest medium-to-large capacity water storage and delivery systems.

Completely collapsible for optimal packing efficiency, our burliest medium-to-large capacity water storage and delivery systems are perfect for everything from alpine- to road warrior-style expeditions. Armed with incredibly tough 500 and 1000-denier Cordura® exteriors and laminated with a BPA-Free and food-grade polyurethane lining, our Dromedary Bags can handle freezing and just about any kind of abuse you can imagine. Accessories like the Shower or Hydration Kits add do-all versatility.

• Heavy-Duty: Abrasion-resistant Cordura®, laminated with food-grade polyurethane, can handle everything from freezing to boiling.
  • Versatile: 3-in-1 cap lets you fill, drink, and pour with ease.
  • Easy to Fill: Low profile, ergonomic handle and wide-mouth opening for no-hassle filling.
  • No-Hassle Attachment: Perimeter webbing allows for convenient pack attachment and hanging.
  • Safe Drinking: BPA-free.
Made in the U.S.A.

Was looking for something with a bit more capacity than your average 3L/100oz Camelbak water bladder and in a stronger, more durable material. Enter the MSR Dromedary Bag. These bags are available in 2L, 4L, 6L, and 10L capacity. The cordura shell should be tough enough to stand up to any abuse that I'll likely put it through. It'll ride in the scabbard of my Eberlestock G2 pack and will be tied to the MOLLE webbing with its external cord.

I also picked up the MSR Hydration Kit...

Hydration Kit

Easy-to-use kit converts our Dromedary® and DromLite™ bags into hands-free hydration systems. Includes an MSR® Bite Valve and shutoff valve; a 42-inch (107-cm), taste-free polyethylene-lined drinking tube that resists freezing; and a custom hydration cap with a 360-degree swivel elbow.

It weighs about 10lb when filled to the 6L capacity, but its relatively large surface area helps disburse the weight well. I've filled it to checked function and so far everything is as it should be. It'll ride along on a hiking trip next month and I'll make sure to report back with a review...

Seems like a good hydration sysytem...looking forward to the field report Sniper !!

Look forward to hearing your review.

I pull out my old camelback 70oz over the weekend for a long run (10M) I participated in. Given the humidity level, it was not enough.

12 miles... knock it out in 8 hours easy

looks like a few water sources on that trail. What you using for a purifier? Food?

Sorry I'm a hiker at heart and an ultra light hiker at that. If you want some advice down the road to lighten up your pack give me a shout. I have spreadsheets and meal plans... all sitting collecting dust until late 2015 when I'm cleared for a decent hike and the wife lets me out after the baby.

Back