• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP LC aftermarket trigger question

bikeman

Copper BB
Has anyone installed an aftermarket trigger in their MVP LC. Was there any grinding required to get clearance for the new trigger. I posted that question to Timney and they couldn't really come up with an answer other than "they would need to see the stock". Others who installed it in wooden type stocks had to relieve some of the wood material to make room for their new Timney trigger. I guess I'm not really interested in having to grind on my aluminum stock. any feedback on which brand aftermarket trigger will fit without stock modifications would be appreciated. I simply struggle with the stock "blade" safety.

bikeman,
The Timney upgrade is just the trigger, not the complete assembly. It's for shooters that don't like the Accutrigger. As such, it shouldn't require any modification to the safety clearance, etc.

Personally, I like the Accutrigger as a type, it usually comes home a bit rough in Savage and Mossberg rifles. If that's your issue, and the adjustment doesn't get the feel you need, try flushing the assembly with something like Gunscrubber, and re-lubing with a Teflon spray lube. I found that flushed some grit from the production process, and helped a bit. I haven't bothered to pull it apart for polishing. Looking closely at the sear interface, (not exactly glassy smooth), polishing the innards might be in my MVP/Patriot's future. That will likely void any warranty that Mossberg might extend if things don't work post surgery.

I purchased one of these rifles in 308 some time ago, had nothing but trouble with the trigger miss firing, locking up. after phoning Mossberg about the trigger and a few other problems with this rifle they told me that this was the first they had heard of any problems with the mvp lc. so they gave me the name and address of the warrenty place to call and send it, this was 3 and 1/2 months ago and still they don't have the parts yet from Mossberg.

I called a gunsmith about a trigger for my mvp lc and he ordered me a timney 610S and said it will work without any alterations, hope this works for you.

I purchased one of these rifles in 308 some time ago, had nothing but trouble with the trigger miss firing, locking up. after phoning Mossberg about the trigger and a few other problems with this rifle they told me that this was the first they had heard of any problems with the mvp lc. so they gave me the name and address of the warrenty place to call and send it, this was 3 and 1/2 months ago and still they don't have the parts yet from Mossberg.
They have been aware of trigger problems in the MVP LR's for several years. So they are being dishonest. They admitted to me in December of 2016, after sending mine in for a trigger(?) problem they didn't fix that they are in the process of having a new trigger redesigned, but didn't have any new ones yet. Sounds like corporate speak for we know there's a problem and we are thinking about addressing it. I installed a timney and yes I had to relieve some material in the stock to get it to fit. But it didn't really cure the problem. Think I have come to realize it's a bolt issue. Some of these rifles work and people are happy with them and about 10% are just junk and you will never get them to function with 100% reliability. If you haven't bought one, don't and spend a little more and get something worthwhile. If you have.....good luck.

Back