• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP Nuts and Bolts Part #2

Well After I went to the Doctor I went to the range and Shot both of the MVP's I 223 AI It was very windy and I was very shaky Dag gum Cancer Here are some 5 shot groups at 100 yards I wish I could hold still LOL

This is what I think about Mossberg MVP and Other Mossberg Models that have Barrel nuts !!! The barrel nut Lets the Guns Head Space be set as close to zero or heck right at zero , As a old gear head Gun nut for the past 5o years I have fell head over heals for barrel nuts ... Is there more to it than the nut Heck Yes The M V P also has a Floating bolt head This allows the bolt head to float is this a good thing? Yes and no !!!! Here is the good It can take up some of the Our of spec in the action all guns have this and the Floating bolt head lets this happen , Un like The Rem 700 witch has a fixed bolt body and lugs ... I Want to say I love all guns from A to Z but in my eyes they do have to all say
Made In U S A if they say that I am Happy .
All that said It is easy to get the Floating Bolt Guns and Barrel nut to sing and Dance for you . Trueing the action and making sure the race ways were straight the lugs were both touching the action lugs and I E your Head Space was as tight as possible , The next thing is the Barrel and right now there are some good ones out there , I have never been rich so if I can hand lap the factory barrel I do so . There is also lots of chamber and Breach tricks every gunsmith has in his bags of tricks all in all a gun that shoots 1 MOA @ 100 yards will do almost everything a shooter needs when I do a Gun I shoot for .500 MOA @ 100 yards and some times I get lucky and get a one hole gun But truth If they shoot .500 for me a good shot will be very happy with them because I am not a good shot or a sniper I am just a Old Man who loves to shoot That loves guns . Hope this post gets some of you thinking .... about your Mossberg Guns Thake care DD

Back