• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My 500 Build :D - MORE PICS!

Itsricmo

.30-06
Well I have 95% of the parts together in one place and awaiting the last major piece to arrive for everything to be assembled :) Here is what I got so far!

Mossberg 500 (DUH!)

All Accessories are OD GREEN
Mesa Tactical LEO Adapter <-- Rossignol this is what I am always referring too
Mesa Tactical Side Saddle (6 Shot)
ATI Castle Nut/UTG Receiver Extension (Buffer Tube)
Hogue Over Molded PG
Magpul Ladder Rail Cover
Magpul MOE
Magpul AFG 2
Larue Tactical Hand Stops w/ Mounting pieces
Of course my EDC Kershaw Knife ($25 awesome Factory Second Buy)

I am Awaiting my ERGO replacement forend (Model: 4865s)

And Drum Roll......... PICTURES! :D More To Come as It Is Finished!

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00774.jpg

PS: If someone else can get the photos to work properly, I would appreciate it! :D When I post them, the right half gets cut off

Re: My 500 Build :D

Dude, i know its gonna look sweet!

Man, I dont know why it didnt click when you mentioned the LEO adapter, I've looked at it before... been awhile I guess! :lol:

Lookin good!

Took care of the photos for you. The pics will be oversizes in the "preview post" mode, but will automatically be re-sized when you click submit.

It is going to be Awesome! I have had it all together before, but I really didn't like the All Black look to it.

LES, Thank You VERY MUCH for fixing my pics! Thanks for the comment too!

haha I just realized I left the Side Saddle Bolts in the baggy... looks like I got some "goods" sitting beside the saddle! haha my bad! :p

I thought you were just trying to fit it in with the "green" theme... :lol:

...better not let nitesite see that!!! :shock:

Great pics!!! Cant wait to see it complete!

haha I can see where this is going to end up :p

Rossignol, as soon as I receive the forend I will have that baby slapped together and ready to rock and roll with pics! (LES will have to aid me again in making sure they all fit right! :D)

Nah man, just "book-end" your links with [ img ] [ /img ] (without the spaces) and you should be good to go...

I can't wait to see it, i was thinking about the Magpul AFG, and one of my armorer buddies recently built a mossy for his younger brother, and he said the AFG worked great for racking, but the lip at the end would hit his hand with heavier loads. Anyone confirm or deny?

SGT. LB said:
...he said the AFG worked great for racking, but the lip at the end would hit his hand with heavier loads. Anyone confirm or deny?

I will confirm. It can happen, but doesnt have too. I added the AFG because of my arthritis, I wasnt able to turn my hand flat enough some days and be able to grip the forend.

It took some adjustment to my shooting style but I found that by solidly practicing the push/pull method, it hasnt been an issue and shooting that way has become natural.

I had that happen with the shorter AFG2 on my 590a1. Swapped it out for the longer original AFG and it hasn't happened since...

Oh yeah... I remember you mentioning that!

The AFG really wasnt designed for the heavier recoiling 12 ga. shotgun, but it works in some cases.

Well i am simply waiting for return to hit my credit card so i can order the new forend. I will certainly have pictures asap!

As for the AFG, i will also have those Larue tactical hand stops, so all the movement in the front wont be 100% controlled from just the AFG. Or so i like to think it will work out that way haha. I will MOST DEFINITELY do a range report sort of deal with how it handles!

I like those LaRue handstops, so I'm anxious to hear your experience with them!

I only know of one other case where those are used in conjunction with the AFG, and by her reviews, she seems really pleased with the setup on her 870!

Back