• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Collection Since May (Update!)

honkey

.270 WIN
I bought my first BB gun in May... Since then I have expanded my collection.
20a4bff3.png

Today, my collection expanded. I can't wait to get out to the range with my Mosin Nagant. It was made in 1938. For the record, I got the Pellet Gun in May and the rest of my guns have all been since December.

IMG_0650.jpg

Re: My Collection Since May

Wowzers! That's certainly a step up from lil bb's!

Very nice.

I'm very impressed.

Quite the nice collection of firearms you've acquired! They cover a broad spectrum of shooting "needs".

Very nice!

Now you need a rifle! Woo hoo! More guns!

ripjack13 said:

I'm blaming you when my fiancee leaves me :lol:

She had been anti guns in the house until April when our friends said they were getting a gun and she heard the reasons to have one. Since she said it was OK, I have gone a little bit crazy. With the exception of the BB gun, all of those have been bought since January. I am planning on getting a rifle, but I will probably have to wait until Christmas or my birthday and get myself a present. That revolver is a Smith and Wesson 642 (.38 Special) and it had a lot more kick than I was expecting when I first fired it. I am glad I went with that instead of a .357!

honkey said:
ripjack13 said:

I'm blaming you when my fiancee leaves me

She had been anti guns in the house until April when our friends said they were getting a gun and she heard the reasons to have one. Since she said it was OK, I have gone a little bit crazy. With the exception of the BB gun, all of those have been bought since January. I am planning on getting a rifle, but I will probably have to wait until Christmas or my birthday and get myself a present. That revolver is a Smith and Wesson 642 (.38 Special) and it had a lot more kick than I was expecting when I first fired it. I am glad I went with that instead of a .357!

:lol:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Good lookin 91/30!

That stock has a great color to it. Congrats!

Thank you and thanks for the help you were giving me in the other topic! When I went to pick it off the wall today, there were a lot of them. I thought to myself "Maybe I should start with the best looking one and work from there" The best looking one was from 1939 and had all matching serial numbers. The next best looking was the one that I got. I went with the pre-war gun, mostly because it looked like it was in as good of condition as the rest, but most of the ones up there were 1942 or 1943. I figured there was a higher likelihood that this one was used in battle.

Guns are like weeds, they just seem to multiply like crazy. :-D

Yeah, I can't wait to take it to the range this Saturday with nitesite! I am actually surprised with how easily concealable it is even with the extended magazine. I am 5'11" and 140 lbs and I can wear almost all of my regular clothing with the gun IWB at 5 o'clock.

Nice collection! I've been a gun owner since 2006! I went a little crazy at first, then I had to thin the herd. After viewing this thread, I've got the itch again! :?

the_mule said:
Nice collection! I've been a gun owner since 2006! I went a little crazy at first, then I had to thin the herd. After viewing this thread, I've got the itch again! :?
Luckily, I am feeling content at the moment and, although I am a college student, I am pretty secure financially. So I will not have to shrink my collection and I do not feel the urge to expand my collection for a while. I would like to one day get a 1911 and an AK-47, but I do not feel the urge to hurry into those. Right now, I need to gain proficiency with what I have. I am good with rifles and shotguns, but I need some guidance with handguns. I think I have a flaw in my grip that allows for more recoil than there should be. I need to get good with what I have got before I can think of expanding anymore.

Back