• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Ex 500 Cruiser w Rifle Sights

I won an auction for this M500 off of GB a couple of years ago.

Did these come from the factory wth the rifle sights/ghost ring as a pistol grip cruiser? The pistol grip is a Mossberg pistol grip. I put the only bid on it and it was mine. I had a few spare Mossberg parts laying around that I knew that one day I could use. I had a vented handguard that I had bought for another project that had gone another way and I had a Mossberg wood stock and fore arm that I had gotten back in the late 80's with a Mossberg M500 combo that I had. The shotgun went with the ex in the great divorce collection split, but I kept the wood stock set. I refinished the stock, they came from the factory very shiny.

I really like the look of a classic wood stock M500

That looks great! I'm not a fan of wood furniture but I've always liked the ribbed forend best, nice work!

I personally haven't seen a cruiser with those sights from the factory before. Couldn't say if it was ever an option or not.

Looks good! :) And welcome aboard! :)

To answer your question, I seriously doubt a pistol grip (only) shotgun came with ghost ring sights. That would have had a full stock or maybe even a multi-position stock.

The ex got a shotgun in the split! :eek: Now THAT'S dangerous! ;)

Looks good! :) And welcome aboard! :)

To answer your question, I seriously doubt a pistol grip (only) shotgun came with ghost ring sights. That would have had a full stock or maybe even a multi-position stock.

The ex got a shotgun in the split! :eek: Now THAT'S dangerous! ;)

I found it an odd set up when I bid on it, I just knew that I had the stock set to put on it, it was cheap enough.

The ex got more then just the M500, but all is good now, moving on, rebuilding the collection! Life is good!

I like the wood stock. It looks very appropriate on the gun I think.

Seems like most all the gun makers these days have lost the art of blued steel and wood. They just don't have the character as they used to did.

Plastic is cheaper, and they can buy them in bulk rather than having to make them anymore.

Plus, black is "tactical".

ad nauseam.

Back