• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Experience with the SA-20 Tactical

Frank Bowman

Copper BB
I truly dislike my one and only post to be of what I am sure some will term as a negative type. In point of fact, I truly liked the SA-20 Tactical while I had it, but the two short comings I experienced pushed me to transition to a different manufacturer. Read this linked post to another forum for my experience:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=436346

In addition to what I listed in the linked post, my last and to-date final email to Mossberg, no email to Mossberg was ever responded to and in fact, were deleted before even being read. Not what I call customer service.

Perhaps I'll try another SA-20 in the future....

We all try to be positive ; but it is truly dissapointing to be ignored by a company's Customer Service . I feel your pain .

I only own two Mossberg's and one is an obsolete model while the other is nearly brand-new. So far I have not had to deal with Mossberg's customer service at all.

But what I want to mention to you is this: with all the furor over gun control in this country people who want to own guns have been buying them as fast as possible. Because of this manufacturers inventories are low and their staffs are very very busy.

Unfortunately, in business and manufacturing, it is often difficult to put on additional staff in periods of extreme need, because these things come on suddenly and there is no time to train anyone new. And you can't hire from your competitors because they are all busy as hell too. Every gunsmith in this country has a waiting line right now.

So I understand how it could be very difficult to get service when you need it, and it can be even worse if you call at certain times of day.

I would not take this as a personal offense by a faceless company that doesn't want your business. That's not Mossberg at all.

I would take this as a symptom of a critically busy Market, where everyone in the business is struggling to keep it together, obey all the new regulations, and deliver record numbers of orders on some reasonable time schedule.

I think Mossberg guns in general represent one of the best values in the industry. You can pay more, you can buy more, but you can't get more for this kind of money.

When building them as fast as you can possibly turn them out, you are going to make more rejects than normal. It's a shame you had bought one and couldn't get it fixed in a timely manner.

Back