• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Findings

I am going to share my findings here, just to see if I can prove the stigma wrong about how inferior the 715 is to the M&P 15-22.

I have been through U.S. Army long range marksmanship schools, a couple of them. One of my primary rifle in the Army was an M700. I am a de entry studied marksman. I tell you this only so I can give a small background to my shooting experience. Please, if I find I am having a problem, if you know of, or can think of a fix. Please let me know. The same goes if you find I am doing something wrong.

I am used to using MOA, but my scope is in mils. Honestly I'm not sure of the conversion. But I will reference both throughout my ramblings.
I zeroed my scope about two weeks ago. It is a UTG Golden Image 4x20 single zoom scope. Pictured below. I zeroed at about 25m. Oh yeah, all of my measurements are in meters. It's an Army thing .

[/url [url=http://postimage.org/image/uegnl5y9t/]

I went out today and put 25 rds down range. A short day, mostly to see how well the BDC works. Sadly I didn't get to use it.I didn't need to. The farthest I could go was right about 150m. And the mil dot reticle was right on the money. At 100m the 25m zero was right on the money. Then at 150m I had to drop down to the first dot and I put a hole in the bottom of a spray paint can.

Here are my findings...
Tues 12 Feb 2013
Raining
Humidity... Duh
Wind: NW
Vis:+500m
Ammunition: CBEE 22
Range 1 standing free
75m facing westward
Accuracy about 3/4moa
Windage adjustment needed, none

Range 2 standing free
150m facing westward
Accuracy 1moa
Wind slight from NW
Windage estimation: about 1/2 mil

I was wondering if I would need the BDC for 150 m because of the round I am using. It's not a strong round at all. It is a rather weak round. Subsonic and it even states it won't cycle a semiauto. And that's not a joke, it will not cycle. But I have noticed it is a very decent round for what it is made for. In a bolt action rifle, this round would be amazing for rodent hunting. I like it for trying to really hone my skills shooting. It requires you to take your time. It's no a pull of the trigger round. You fire, manually cycle, reengage the target, and fire again. It really slows the shooter down and makes you take time to think. Definitely a worth while round if you can find it. Also, there are about 16 boxes of 100 here in town that no-one wants. They are eight bucks a box. And I plan on buying them up soon. I plan on using this round for squirrel hunting in the next couple of weeks.

Keep it coming. I'll be following your results.

I took my rifle apart and cleaned it really hard last night. So I didn't want to have a rifle with a glass that was wrong, I took it out to the range and laid down at 200m, doped my scope to 200m. First shot, dead on. I didn't have to touch it at all. UTGcan make a great cheap scope. I figured I would have to zero it since I took the whole rifle apart, but no. It was perfect!

It definitely needs a 45 offset red dot.

Back