• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My first Mossberg...and factory service

Just now starting to look around the site, so hopefully I won't make too many mistakes. I have been looking for a HD/general purpose shotgun for some time now and finally settled in on a 500 bantam, model 54132. 20Ga. My main criteria was my wife needed to be able to handle it as she is disabled and is not very strong. I also wanted something to pass on to my young grandsons when they are big enough. This model fits the bill nicely. I felt it was a heck of a deal at $217 at Walmart. I just talked with the service dept. to get a price quote for the full size stock and forearm at 50% off, as a coupon was included with the gun. I did run into a problem and they really took care of me without any problems. When I removed the "Made in USA" sticker from the stock it pulled off a small bit of the finish. I sent Roger at the service dept. a email with pix of the finish stuck to the sticker and the chink in the stock finish.I was thinking they could repair it. No problem, we'll send you a new one.Wow, that was nice. I am expecting a 930 home/security combo this Friday. I've been searching for quite a while. Roger said 930 SPX orders have been through the roof, thus the scarcity of my gun. Enough for now. I'll post how the shoot after I get to the range......Rick

Welcome to Mossberg Owners and congrats on the fine choice of shotgun!

There are no mistakes here, we just make it up as we go along. We've got a great group of folks here with a wide knowledge base on a variety of topics. Take your time browsing all the subforums as I'm sure you'll find something of interest. Be sure to post up some photos of your new 500 Bantam and any other firearms you may have when you get a chance. We love looking at each other's collections. Hope you get your hands on your new 930 soon!

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Congratulations on your new Mossberg 500 bantam. For 217 dollars you can not beat it. It is great to hear that Mossberg's customer service took care of you with your issue. You are going to love the Mossberg 930 autoloader. It is one of my favorite firearms. Please make yourself at home and feel free to post up any and all questions you may have.

Hey Rick, Thanks for signin on man!

No worries bout mistakes, we're all just wingin it! ;)

Lookin forward to seein those Mossys and your range results, glad customer service got you handled!

One of the reasons I signed on to this site was so I could avoid some mistakes. I hope the site helps you avoid some too. But looks like your doing fine with the 20 gauge decision - I believe your decision is a good one.
And on service, I found the hex key to remove the stock was missing from my box. I called Moss and they sent one free in about 4 days. Service after the sale really made me feel comfortable with my purchase. Now if they would only speed up my 590a1 order :mrgreen:

Back