• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Mossberg 590A1 Choice

Amsdorf

.22LR
Well, after reading a lot here and elsewhere, I finally took the plunge this morning and purchased a Mossberg 590A1 Magpul version. I wanted the extra capacity of the 20" barrel, wanted a rail for a red dot site and wanted the Mossberg stock and foreend, etc. Figured if I wanted all that I should just get it right away rather that piece it together after the fact.

I'll be interested to see if I can still add a mag extension to it, but as it is, I'm happy about my selection and appreciate the knowledge-base available on this forum.

I should have the shotgun in my hands in a week or so....

A pic from elsewhere

It is possible to add a mag extension but would look awkward as it will stick out way past the barrel itself. The mag tube on this model practically goes out as far as the end of the muzzle and capped on the end making the length of it flush to the muzzle. It is a good choice and you're smart to just buy the one equipped with most of what you want already.

Nice choice Amsdorf. If you get the setup that is in the picture you'll be pretty well all set.

If you get the XS sight system let us know how it works for you.

Back