• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Mossberg 590A1 Magpul Edition Experiences

Centuriator

.270 WIN
A couple years ago I purchased a Magpul 590A1 Mossberg Edition and then, about a year later, stupidly, sold it. I developed a real hankering for one again and after buying and shooting a number of brands of tactical shotguns over the past five years or so, I went after a Mossberg 590A1 Magpul edition and right about the time I had one picked out...wham...the virus panic buying ensued and I was unable to find one. Three weeks ago I found a smaller shop out in Nevada that had several and I ordered one, and got it within the week.

This post will serve as a "diary" or "log" about it.

Mossberg 590A1 Magpul Edition.

I picked it up from my FFL last week. It is presently disassembled awaiting wiping off factory oil and relubrication. Then I have a few things I'm adding: weapon light, etc. Will post another pick here when finished. I'm also removing some of the stock spacers. I had one of these about five years ago, sold, it and regretted it ever since. Glad to have "The Beast" back.

Here is a pic of it with the side saddle on it. I cut away a bit of the velcro on the receiver to expose the trigger assembly pin and serial number.

4vK1tQY.jpg

And today I installed my weapon light. I got the Magpul metal cantilever mount, for the M-LOK MOE forend you see on it. Rock solid installation. No problem there. Then I replaced the safety with an enhanced safety, which would have been pretty tricky had I not had the Brownells installation video to watch on how to do it. So...got that done and because I had to remove the butt stock to remove the trigger group, I ended up doing a complete disassembly and reassembly, which is good. Got her all back together and it is working great. I also trimmed away enough of the velcro on the receiver to expose the trigger pin and serial number.

Here's the latest pictures showing the latest updates, and finally with a bayonet. You never know when you are going to have to poke the Zombies at close range.

Mossberg Shotgun.jpg 20200530_155548.jpg 20200530_155533.jpg 20200530_155540.jpg 20200530_155545.jpg

This morning I was able to get the Limbsaver Recoil Pad, model 10101 on the SGA OEM Adapter using a few hard whacks with my large rubber mallet. It's in there now like concrete and I'm going to try it without using the screws.

Update:

I have over 200 rounds through it now, and it is running like a champ. All accessories added nice and tight. The Limbsaver pad upgrade is worth every penny. I replaced the Magpul Centilever mount with a NORDIC barrel clamp and pic rail and that got the light and mount moved just far enough forward that I am no longer getting smacked by the mount when I shoot it under recoil. My huge hands need all the forend space possible.

103974607_139094647756898_1057878807048220136_o.jpg

Shot patterning continues with FliteControl 00 Buck by Federal taking the prize.

I need to get the sights better zeroed and am looking forward to my Burris 8 MOA red dot to come in.

You possibly have a link for the bayonet and the limb saver pad, I've been looking everywhere for both and cannot find them anywhere. A huge please and thank you.

You possibly have a link for the bayonet and the limb saver pad, I've been looking everywhere for both and cannot find them anywhere. A huge please and thank you.
It looks like he is using a Ontario OKC3S Marine Bayonet but it doesnt seem to fit as good as the Ontario M9 Bayonet. Im guessing it is like everything else during this pandemic, stocks are empty.

Last edited:
I purchased a S&W M9 and it fits perfectly. I got a good deal on it by buying one "open box/used" on Amazon. It arrived and was in fact BNIB. Sweet.

106108036_145322127134150_5318204567089235813_o.jpg

Back