What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

my newly acquired late 70's 12g 500 riot gun...

picked it up last week, part of an estate sale. Got three of them, none ever fired. I've finally found my perfect HD weapon... :)

photo%25202-001.JPG

Very nice. I love the wood hardware, something that is becoming less and less common.

That is just bad-ass. I love wood furniture on a work gun. Three is a great discovery!

,,,,,three,,,,holy chit. must have been the wardens estate sale.
love to see a pic of the triplets. :D

Fantastic.

Lots of good finds at estate sales. I was able to pick up one of my all time "dream guns" at one a few years back that I just couldn't pass up.

Hopefully my soon to be will look this cool, I can't get a year date on it have emailed Mossberg with serial number but no answer yet, but she has wood furniture, you folks like to try serial number feel free: um299326

Hopefully my soon to be will look this cool, I can't get a year date on it have emailed Mossberg with serial number but no answer yet, but she has wood furniture, you folks like to try serial number feel free: um299326

You might want to try Havlin also for the ser.# info.
www.havlinsales.com
Havlin (636) 937-6401

I forgot you are in Ireland. You could try here also.
Mossberg in Ireland,,,,

ireland
ardee sports
ph: 353 41 685 3711
FX: 353 41 685 3072

I forgot you are in Ireland. You could try here also.
Mossberg in Ireland,,,,

ireland
ardee sports
ph: 353 41 685 3711
FX: 353 41 685 3072
Thanks" hopefully I haven't jumped in on someone else's post" this forum thing is all new to me !but I know if I have any questions about the 500 this is the place.

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk

You might want to try Havlin also for the ser.# info.
www.havlinsales.com
Havlin (636) 937-6401
Thanks for link to havlins, got email reply.. It's a 835 ulti mag ! not a 500 **now maybe you folk can tell the difference between the two from a poor quality photo but I certainly can't, even the gun shop advertised it as follows: Mossberg 12g pump action! When they sent from to me no model number was on it .ah well 3 1/2" chamber here we go!

Basically the y are the same shotgun, few different parts but built on the 500 platform.

The 835 means you can shoot 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2" shells.

I should have know from your serial #

From a post in 500 forends,,,,,,,

Prior to 1973 all action slide tube assemblies utilized tubes with a length of 7-¾". In 1993, running production changes commenced to change over to a tube with a length of 6-¾" in all gauges. The change will typically found in the Model 500's with serial number prefix K3 and Model 835's with serial number prefix UM or higher (K4, K5; UN, UO). There is an exception: All Special Purpose, Persuader and Cruiser produced to date still use the 7-¾" action slide tube assembly.

Basically the y are the same shotgun, few different parts but built on the 500 platform.

The 835 means you can shoot 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2" shells.

I should have know from your serial #

From a post in 500 forends,,,,,,,

Prior to 1973 all action slide tube assemblies utilized tubes with a length of 7-¾". In 1993, running production changes commenced to change over to a tube with a length of 6-¾" in all gauges. The change will typically found in the Model 500's with serial number prefix K3 and Model 835's with serial number prefix UM or higher (K4, K5; UN, UO). There is an exception: All Special Purpose, Persuader and Cruiser produced to date still use the 7-¾" action slide tube assembly.
Thanks old mossy,as I'm new to the platform it's fantastic to get information and feedback on this forum, as I said before only hunting firearms allowed in this country'I'd like to have a Mossberg in a home defense form after looking at and reading other members posts but I'll be happy with what I got