• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My son's first gun!!!

Over the weekend my husband and I went to the biggest gun store I've ever been to!! Over 5000 guns in one place, it was crazy! If you are ever looking for an antique firearm, hit me up, because that place had everything you could imagine!! Check out their website www.collectorsfirearms.com

So anyway, while we were browsing we came across a Chipmunk .22, thanks to Oli I knew exactly what it was :) unfortunately Oli, it was not one that you worked on... Bummer. Well my husband begged to get it for our oldest son, Hayden, for Christmas or his 5th birthday (dec 22) and I finally gave in. It was only $125 so we got it.

Low and behold, my husband just couldn't wait to give it to him so today when he got home from work we let Hayden open it up and also gave him his first box of .22's. It's a single bolt action so the first thing he said was "daddy it's a Mauser like yours!". It was the cutest thing. Well, my husband was off to go hunting so he let Hayden go with him so that he could try it out, I'm so bummed I missed seeing his first shot. He said he put a soda can about 40 feet away, Hayden told him it was hard to see through the sights (he's used to his bb gun) but he tried anyway. My husband let him shoot 6 rounds and he missed all 6. My husband walked up to the can to move it and there were 6 holes in it :) Guess he didnt miss afterall! he was so proud that he called me from the deer stand to tell me about it. Oh, and he is a lefty so he shoots left handed.

Anyway, I'm one proud mommy and just had to share. Here's the picture I snapped before they left...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322523437.965044.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322523437.965044.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 408
Congrats GLG2!

I know he's gotta be one proud little guy! Can't wait to see some pics of his first range trip...

He came in so excited carrying this.... :) gosh I love the lil guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322530333.497333.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322530333.497333.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 392
I am so happy for you guys! It’s the look on their face that makes it all for me...I will have to wait for grandkids for my next happy face fix….no hurry for that though. You guys are in for some fun times....I am jealous.

Awesome first experience !!

I remember the first time I took my daughter shooting...she was so proud...and a good shot !!

On January 22, 2012 she turns 21...and she will be getting her PA LTCF ( License To Carry Firearms ).

Time flies...enjoy the moment !

G2,
That is the most AWESOME thing I've seen on here in days!!!
I love seeing little kids succeed and turn into strong, independent little men and women.
My boys are 16 and 11 and love shooting. Life is good.

Good job Mom and Dad. Now put a bore snake and a little bottle of RemOil in his stocking :D

:D :D :D

Thats soooo cool! Nice shootin!!!

Ally's birthday is dec 22 also!!!

Back