• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nashville TN: Stupid prankster gets shot

Scoop

.30-06
Police: Man shot, killed after 'prank robbery' for YouTube video went wrong (yahoo.com) <-- LINK

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A man was shot and killed Friday night in the parking lot of a Tennessee business after a robbery "prank" for a YouTube channel went wrong, according to police.

The homicide unit is investigating a claim of self-defense in the shooting, the Metro Nashville Police Department stated in a Saturday news release.

Timothy Wilks, 20, was shot and killed in the parking lot of Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park in Nashville around 9:20 p.m. CST. When officers arrived at the scene around five minutes later, 23-year-old David Starnes Jr. admitted to shooting Wilks.

Investigators were told that Wilks and a friend approached a group of people, including Starnes, with butcher knives while participating in a "prank" robbery for a YouTube video.

'A terrible tragedy': 4 skiers killed, 4 injured in Utah avalanche, officials say

Starnes, who told officers he was unaware of the prank, said he shot Wilks in defense of himself and others, according to the release.

The investigation is ongoing, and as of Saturday afternoon, no charges have been placed.

My son was showing me some of the gootoobers he follows and a couple are just straight-up idiots. :mad: The things they do for "content" are setting very bad examples for impressionable youth. Excess money being used to buy new items (such as cars) and destroy them. :rolleyes: And of course the pranking... Many are ignorant just for the sake of monetization...

Some are doing it the right way, and using their new found wealth to invest in property and vehicles and having separate channels detailing restorations, etc.

Although I do like seeing some things destroyed for entertainment... ;)

A few years ago, a young man and his wife were trying to be YouTube sensations in order to make money. They were doing stupid stuff to get views, and the more successful they became the bolder they got and the more stupid were their actions.

They announced that their next video would be of her shooting her man point blank with a Desert Eagle .50 AE while he held an encyclopedia over his heart which would stop the bullet without harm to him. They live streamed the event, too.

Well, that .50-cal round center punched the book, but it also center punched him and blew completely thru him in a BIG way. Probably left a hole you could shove a cat thru. Anyway.... He died on the spot.

And she went to prison.

Investigators were told that Wilks and a friend approached a group of people, including Starnes, with butcher knives while participating in a "prank" robbery for a YouTube video.

Starnes, who told officers he was unaware of the prank, said he shot Wilks in defense of himself and others, according to the release.

If I were Starnes, the shooter, I would be filing civil suits against Wilkes, his friend, and anybody else involved in the stupid video prank.
This crap needs to stop.
Idiots getting paid to do stupid infliction of pain or fear on others is unexcusable.

If I were Starnes, the shooter, I would be filing civil suits against Wilkes, his friend, and anybody else involved in the stupid video prank.
This crap needs to stop.
Idiots getting paid to do stupid infliction of pain or fear on others is unexcusable.

And the wilkes guy doing the prank robbery should also be named (at least his estate) in the suit and should be sued for all the money this Starnes guy is going to have to spend to defend himself because of the goobers stupid actions.

Approach people with butcher knives "pretending" to rob them my butt.

Jeez. If they are only in their 20s, it can't be blamed on lead paint chips. Take care. Tom Worthington

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Back