• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need a little info on the Limbsaver for a 590A1

frankb

I just changed over the stock on my 590A1 to a Hogue 12" LOP stock. I am thinking of adding a Limbsaver slip on or screw on to the Hogue to bring it up just a tad more then the 12". The stock 14" is just a bit much on the wife, and I figure I can soften it up a little for both of us. Already had surgery on one shoulder and waiting for the other in very near future.
I was going to trade in the 590A1 and just get a coach gun, but if this works well, I can keep the pump and eventually get her the coach gun for the snakes and varmints she needs to rid the world of on the property.
If I can't get something done to the 590A1, I will reside to trading it in or selling it to get the lighter coach for her and be done with it all.
You guys have been great so far in helping me to keep her happy. Nothing has worked out so far though. That's why I am trying to go this route with a Limbsaver. If this can make her happy, I can remove all but two shells and remove the +2 extension from S&J I just put on.

That would be great but I don't know what model to buy. I got in touch with Mossberg but they said they do not have a listing for the model stock from Hogue, and I would have to go by the templates they show.
Does anyone have the model that will fit so I don't screw it up?

No problem. Hopefully it will make things easier for your wife and balance out the firearm better.

Limbsavers are worth their weight in gold. I'll put one on every long gun I own. They're just so comfy and take the shock and harshness out of recoil. Think of a punch versus a slap with the same force.

Limbsaver has a new model out called their AirTech. (Size: Medium #10551) Don't get this one because it does fit so well on the Hogue 12" LOP.

I have the Older Version Limbsave on my M590A1. (Size: Small/Medium #10545) This is the one you want because it fits nicely on the Hogue 12" LOP and adds about 1/2 inch to the LOP.

Hope this helps.

Small
1" thick L.O.P.
4 - 1/2” X 1 - 1/2”
Up to: 4 13/16” X 1 - 5/8”

Medium
1" thick L.O.P.
4 - 13/16” X 1 - 5/8”
Up to: 5 - 1/8” X 1 - 3/4”

Large
1" thick L.O.P.
5 - 1/8” X 1 - 3/4”
Up to: 5 - 3/8” X 1 - 7/8”

Small/
Medium
1/2" thick L.O.P.
4 - 5/8” X 1 - 9/16”
Up to: 5 - 1/8” X 1 - 3/4”

I put the small Limbsaver grind-to-fit model on my coach gun, and I love it.

I spent a few hours whittling it down to fit though, and it's painstaking work to get it exactly right without messing up the stock.

But it was all worth it in spite of the price.

20160528_233734.jpg

This gun had an old Winchester pad, so the stock had already been cut off an inch and I didn't shorten it further.

Back