• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need a quick answer on stock selection

jmason

Copper BB
I got my new 51517 590A1 January 2013 and immediately ordered the SPECOPS GEN II ADJUSTABLE K07200-C directly from the blackhawk.com website. Back Ordered until late February - I could wait. Found out today that the availability date is now April. I see that it is available again from other sources, but concerned that it would be one of the earlier versions that breaks.

I need recoil suppression so that my wife and daughter can use as an HD weapon. I also like the intimidation factor of the adjustable stock/pistol grip.

ATI with Scorpion suppression is my next choice.

What else should I consider right now?
I have reviewed the many post from the experts from this group on stocks and am looking for "what should I order tonight" answers!

Pick up a Gen1 SpecOps and call it a day.

Works like a charm and you won't have to worry about the possibility of it breaking...

Dude, personally I'd order a Hogue short LOP. Plush recoil pad, my 14 year old daughter started shooting my 20" 590A1 when she was 12. But that's what we like, and while I'll always recommend highly the Hogue, I understand it isn't for everyone.

As far as intimidation goes, I wouldn't put much "stock" in to what kind of stock you choose! :lol: ok, that was kinda dumb. But seriously, hmmm, I do like the ATI Scorpion stock I have, that recoil pad and grip isalso very nice. I don't like it because it looks intimidating, I like it because its adjustable and comfortable. It can def be shortened to fit more than one shooter.

The only thing I could tell you about the Knoxx would be what I've heard here. Some have had issues with "cheek slap", which I guess is do to a learning curve which may or may not pertain to just the gen1. The early gen2s had some issues with breaking at the grip.

Some Knoxx guys have gone to Hogue... just sayin. ;)

Welcome to MO!!!

If you consider non-pistol grip stocks look at the ATI Akita adjustable LOP stock. Mine should come tomorrow and hopefully I can get to the range this weekend.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Back