• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need garage advice

Install a window or two in the wall opposite of the garage door. In the summer a garage without airflow can/WILL get hot as hell without a blowing box fan to push the hot air out of the open garage door and pull fresh air in.

And wire as many GFI outlets into the walls that you can possibly imagine, on two separate circuits, plus a separate circuit for the door opener if you go electric door. If you don't want electric door opener you can get the springs pre-loaded so that you can raise it and lower it by hand with ease from outside or inside. A child could do it.

If you don't build long, at least build wide. Real wide. Like stupid wide. Six or eight extra feet of width minimum.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I absolutely cannot go wider. No possible way due to the road. As I said, my deed says the easement is basically no wider than the road itself (8 feet from the center of the road).

The county has since enacted some crazy 30 feet right of way stuff, which is retarded. I had the county road dept look before I put up the fence in the back yard and basically he told me that and I told him to look at the road, and then look at all of the houses on the street. If they were going to enforce that, they just bought a whole street full of houses because each one is closer than the 30 foot from the road. When he left, he told me to just keep the fence off of the road enough so the salt trucks and plows and garbage trucks don't have any trouble turning at the end of the street.

Anyway, 14 feet is about as wide as I can go and stay cool with what my deed says and leave enough room for a lawnmower around the edge between the wall and the edge of the 1 lane street.

If you can't go deeper or wider can you go higher?

An upstairs workshop or storage area will free up a lot of space down below.

Sounds like you've done some research and working within the boundaries. Better then not and realizing later that it could have been bigger. You have to work with what you have.

Another idea for the inside walls, use plywood for the bottom row, laid sideways so if the wall gets bumped it won't hurt it. You can also attach anything to it without having to find a stud to mount it, provided it's not too heavy.
I have some cheap home depot plugin led lights in my garage and they are more than adequate for brightness.
I'm not sure of the codes, but up here, garages need to be 2x6 framed.

You know that nosey :hrc: is gunna have a field day with this.... :popcorn:

Yeah, crazy neighbor lady can roll around in mud for all I care. I have already pointed out where her yard ends. And it's not even on this side of the road.

Thinking pretty serious about playing the most annoying death metal Christmas songs every time I see her outside from a cd player on the porch just barely loud enough to irritate her but not loud enough to be considered disturbing the peace and on repeat.

Also found a 10,150 lumen floodlight that I'm thinking of putting up at the front of my house and wiring one of those motion sensors and pointing it at the road so it goes on and off constantly every time a car or stray cat goes up and down the road.

Oh, and tiny tim

Yeah, it's beautiful isnt' it. And there is a lot more that I didnt' link.

Yeah, it's beautiful isnt' it. And there is a lot more that I didnt' link.

I have bunches of that music. I actually like the hard stuff. I could make you a cd of em. Swedish death metal is awesome!

hmmm.

I never thought about searching for death metal in wrong languages.

Now I gotta search youtube.

I wonder if I could find german or Arabic. Stuff with a lot of hocks and hacks in it.

I got it... Muslim call to prayer 5 times a day! :hrc: ;) Or one of Hitler's famous speeches (if you can find one!)!

I specifically changed the smile link text to hrc in there where the word devil is normally used. :nana:

hmmm.

I never thought about searching for death metal in wrong languages.

That's a good idea too, but I was meaning stuff like these guys....

Now if you want really annoying stuff....look no further than this band of chicks...

you're welcome.....:laugh:

You could also go in other annoying directions.

LOL

Back