• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need help removing trigger assembly with Magpul buttstock

Kamen Rider

Go for Broke
Hello,

I picked up my 500 Magpul Series gun today. I took it apart to clean it. I had trouble removing the trigger assembly. I had to loosen the Magpul buttstock and then I was able to get the trigger assembly out.

Being a newbie here, I am assuming someone else has had this problem and posted it, but my search didn't turn anything up. I just wanted to verify that it would be ok for me to Dremel the portion of the buttstock that is covering the trigger assembly. I just don't want to mess anything up on my brand new gun.

Thanks.

I have to do the same with mine and am too unskilled to use the dremel on it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just dremel mine and it was fine afterwards. Just need to go slow and remove little at a time. If you don't want to dremel, some sandpaper wrapped around a dowel to sand the notch a bit by hand should do the trick as well.

Thanks guys for the responses. Glad to hear it was fine after Dremeling. I can't see myself taking off the buttstock every time I want to clean the rifle.

Back