• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need identification help...Is this a Night Train?

SLIDER-in-KY

Copper BB
So, I just bought this 100 ATR in .308. It just has a cheap CenterPoint scope on it for now. My question is this.....is this a regular 100ATR model or is this the Night Train version?

E262B4CA-2B87-476B-A1FE-A07F456E9EDC_zpsvxdeeqrd.jpg

BCA8AD95-D478-4059-927F-8279AEC5853E_zpsbslsugvk.jpg

63DEC418-2C89-4ACB-9800-D9C3A247CD4E_zpsk84hzzia.jpg

Welcome aboard.

I do recall an early model Night Train with that stock, model #27205...

I do remember seeing some of the Night Trains with this multicam stock a couple years ago, but I do not know if this is actually one or not. Is there any certain features or markings that would help distinguish it as Night Train or not? I have sent an email to Mossberg customer service a few days ago, but I have yet to hear from them.

I doubt if the rifle would be braded anywhere, but the configuration is the same as the model number posted above. Mossberg will be able to tell for sure using your serial number...

Yeah, hopefully, they will respond to my email soon. I just did a Google search with that model number that you posted and I found one on GunsAmerica that IS listed as a Night Train, but without being able to see the label on the box, I can't know for sure. I guess the seller could call it whatever he wants! :)

We do have a direct contact at Mossberg that should be able to help...

Norma Martinez
martinezn@mossberg.com

Ms. Martinez is usually quick to respond with models details. Drop her you serial number and let her know what details you're looking for. She should be able to sort it out for you...

OUTSTANDING!!!! Thanks for your help! I'll update this thread as I get more info, just in case anyone else ever has the same question!

Just to update.....Ms. Martinez came through with some good info. I gave her my serial number and she confirmed that it is a Night Train IV. Here is the exact description she gave me....."100ATR2 .308, NIGHT TRAIN IV, 22" FLUTED BBL, MATTE SYN MC L". I got it all figured out now, except the "L". What does that stand for? Either way, I'm happy with this rifle. Especially considering the price....I got the gun, 4x16x40 scope (fairly cheap, $80) and Harris bipod, all for $375!

Back