• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need Light Recommendations

Picked up the Polytac yesterday, got it as an early Christmas present from a friend. I'm very happy with it, it's much brighter than I was expecting and doesn't seem to heat up much. On full brightness it will light up street signs about 400 yards down the street. Being on the other end feels a bit like staring directly into a stick welding arc on 200 amps, minus the itchiness that comes with UV exposure. Battery life remains to be seen, according to Streamlight it will start to sag after about 1hr on full.

Took me forever to find a mount I liked though. I wanted something I could bolt on to my forend to avoid having to clamp the magazine, but I also wanted the light mounted further forward. NCStar makes a nice looking MLOK cantilever mount so I ordered one last night after struggling to find one in stock. There's enough space inside my forend to fit the MLOK mounting nuts, so I'll drill some holes and bolt it on with some JB Weld for good measure.

My mount finally came in. The company I ordered from said it would ship within 3-5 days, four weeks later I still heard nothing and they ignored my emails. Posted last week they're going out of business. I just reordered from Amazon.

Light is a Streamlight Polytac 600 in an NCStar mount. Drilled holes into the handguard and used the keymod mounting screws and brackets, just like I did with the MLOK grip. The rear of the mount acts as a little thumb break and the switch sits just perfectly for my thumb to press it without changing my grip. A little bit more noticeably front heavy, but the next part for it is a security barrel. I'll keep the field barrel for birds.

IMG_20220115_152529.jpg

I've had good luck with this light from Rual King $38.99(Shelbyville IN) 100-200 and with a fast double click a 200 strobe. Amazon $42.99. I've ran the same light on a 9,.40,5.56 and shown 12ga and not a single issue. I have 7 of them now on different weapons threw out the house. Uses a single CR123A. Are you going to clear a 20K' warehouse with it no but a standard house in the U.S.A it will work just fine.IMG_20220116_221300318.jpg
I've never used it on a .308 but no need for it on this.IMG_20200910_191036965.jpg

Back