• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need LOP extender for 930 ...

JCinPA

.270 WIN
So I have a unique problem. I got a 930 field and security combo some years ago, and turned it into, basically, a 940 using OR3GUN parts. I LOVE it as a HD shotty, and I like the length of pull. You can see it here:

So, tonight, I decided to put the 28" barrel on it and take a trap shooting class. What fun, love it! I suck at it, but I'm hooked, for sure. One of the instructors said I likely needed an extra 1/2" to 1" LOP on it, drop and cant seem to be OK. The thing is, the LOP is perfect for it in HD mode, and I don't want to mess with it for that reason. I seem to remember some product that would slip over an existing buttstock, I think, to reduce recoil, you would remove the original butt pad and use it instead. Is there a slip-on or lace-on product that would let me lengthen the 930 LOP for trap shooting, but which would be easily removable without tools so I could put it back in HD configuration quickly?

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but my search fu is weak, apparently. Thanks in advance for any solutions. This is a dead nuts reliable shotgun now with any load I've tried in it from 1145 fps target 7.5 loads to slugs, I don't want to mess with it other than changing barrels and finding something to give me a little more stock length.

Well, no sooner had I posted this than I found what may be the perfect solution. See

However, I would not mind seeing if some Mossberg 930 owners have a specific product they've found for this. That actually looks like just the ticket, though. I'll check the measurements on the gun tomorrow and see if that will sit, while waiting a bit for some other ideas.

+1 on the slip on Limbsavers. I have one in each size and put them on my guns as needed. They are great at reducing felt recoil, and perfect for when you need an extra inch!

Yea I know what I said...

Limbsaver. That was the name I was trying to remember. I'll see if I can find a size that will slip on over the regular buttpad, but IIRC they are designed to be used after removing it. I think I'll go for that lace-on with the variable spacers. May be easier to put on/off, and the adjustable nature of it is a good feature.

^^^^^^^^

Evil enablers! They’re all around us!

And I’m pretty susceptible. Lol. Well for now I’ll see if I can hit more than 10 targets and if that happens, I can see getting a dedicated trap gun and dedicating this one to defensive use.

Who am I kidding? That will happen regardless.

Back