• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need Model 890 pistol grip

Hello,

I just got my 890 for home protection and for fun safe shooting. I almost forgot how powerful 00 buckshot is through this gun. It came with a 6-way adjustable stock and a pistol grip which is what I wanted.

What you can't see in the picture is that the grip is separate, meaning there is a flathead screw holding the plastic grip on. The grip is not an integral part of the stock.

What I want is a better pistol grip. Hardened rubber, possibly stippled, M4 style, that would be a direct replacement for the plastic grip, and it would fit onto the existing stock set up as if it came with it.

I have felt some great grips on some high end AR-15's, and I want one for comfort, safety, and durability. Is there a grip on the market that will fit my needs?

Thanks. Paul

Attachments

• CIMG0533.JPG
    CIMG0533.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 119
If the stock will accept any M4/AR replacement or aftermarket grip, the world is open to you! ERGO or Hogue will meet your desire for something overmolded, but there are many many available. Many.

Welcome aboard,

If you're looking for hard rubber with stippling I'd go for the Magpul MIAD grip kit...

It comes with interchangeable front and back straps to fit as needed. I run a MIAD on one of my ARs and it's a great feeling grip. There are optional grip inserts made to hold a variety of batteries, spare parts, etc. Just curious about your Mossberg, it looks like a 590 to me. Where are you getting the 890 model number from?

Back