• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

"Never Waste A Crisis"...Planning A Gun And Ammo Sale Ban

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Champaign, Illinois, Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen (D) issued an executive order Thursday that gives her the power to halt ammunition and firearm sales in the city.

The City of Champaign announced the executive order, saying:

Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen issued an Executive Order declaring the existence of a local emergency in the City of Champaign related to the COVID-19 virus, which is causing or is anticipated to cause widespread impacts on the health of members of the community. Provisions in Chapter 12 of the Champaign Municipal Code provide the Mayor authorization to declare an emergency for a limited period of time. This allows the Mayor to exercise significant emergency powers at the inception of the emergency, and then to provide an opportunity for the City Council, as a whole, to deal with an emergency.

On Friday the City of Champaign posted additional information on the executive order.

The order makes certain powers available to the mayor, should she choose to use them. WAND17 reports that banning ammunition and firearm sales is one of the powers made available, and the Washington Examiner reports that the order also gives Feinen the power to prohibit sales of alcohol and curtail sales of gasoline.

The City of Champaign’s communications manager, Jeff Hamilton, said, “The executive order allows the city to be flexible to properly respond to the emergency needs of our community. None of the options will necessarily will be implemented but are available in order to protect the welfare and safety of our community if needed.”

Here is another...
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on Saturday said he believes the Wuhan coronavirus is a prime example of why it's important for the federal government to nationalize "crucial factories and industries."

According to the Big Apple's mayor, people can get tested for the virus, but it's being done on a "priority structure" due to the limited number of tests that are available.

"Here’s the reality. This is a war-like situation. We’re in a wartime scenario with a Mar-a-Lago attitude being used by the federal government. It’s so laid back, and I don’t understand it," he told MSNBC's Joy Reid. "By the way, testing. How about ventilators? Where is the federal government making sure our hospitals have the ventilators we’re going to need? Where is the federal government when it comes to surgical masks, getting them distributed? This is a case for a nationalization of crucial factories and industries – literally a nationalization – that could produce the medical supplies to prepare this country for what we need."

The state of New York found a way to produce hand sanitizer but de Blasio said that doesn't go far enough.

"The point I’m saying is the federal government should recognize this is a crucial part of stopping this. There should be a national approach to ensuring every factory that can make hand sanitizer should be on 24/7 shifts and the distribution should go to the places that need it most," the mayor explained. "We’re not into the discussion because we can’t even get the testing.”

Nationalizing "crucial factories and industries" is a terrible, terrible idea. For one, who determines what's "crucial" and what's not? Is the government literally going to come in and tell business owners to hand over their keys? Once this kind of precedent exists, owning a business and taking part in the American dream will be a thing of the past. After all, the government could come in and sweep up your hard work, all in the name of "need."

If people aren't well armed and supplied by now, they have been snoozing for the past 20 years.
Sound Asleep for the past 5.
And 100% clinically braindead since the Beto gaffe.

ALSO, since the top bitches in government all basically said, "give up the guns, all you deplorables!"
If anyone missed that, they deserve to be rounded up like sheep and fleeced!

A belated good morning to all.

Cadd, you make good points.I remember having conversations with friends 4 years ago, pro gun types, and they were telling me not to worry, we have the second amendment. My argument then and now, the left does not give a damn about the 2nd. They don't see it as a roadblock, only a hurdle.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

If people aren't well armed and supplied by now, they have been snoozing for the past 20 years.
Sound Asleep for the past 5.
And 100% clinically braindead since the Beto gaffe.

ALSO, since the top bitches in government all basically said, "give up the guns, all you deplorables!"
If anyone missed that, they deserve to be rounded up like sheep and fleeced!
Preach it brother!! Preach it!

There is a massive increase in gun sales as of late due to the virus. Now all of a sudden anti gunners want guns! They are experiencing the roadblocks that they help put into place. Just hope when election day comes around they will remember but I'm not holding my breath.

I believe firearm ownership should require a MINIMUM of training. Take a test, get a card. Lose the card, take the test again for another card. No records are kept. I would prefer gunowners be a part of a recognized org. as well.

In this case, all the weinies suddenly wanting guns could be denied if Grabbin' Gruesome called out an executive order. ;)

Back