• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 590A1 (51520) Coming My Way!!

catnphx

.270 WIN
Well, I just purchased a 590A1 (51520) Compact 6 shot from Buds for $480 total ... it's being shipped to Cabela's next week for my pick-up. :mrgreen: This will be used for home defense. Here are the specs:

- 12 gauge
- 5+1 capacity
- 18.5 inch barrel
- 38.5 inch length
- 13 inch length of pull
- 7 1/4 lbs
- Metal trigger guard
- Metal safety button
- Drilled and tapped receiver
- Parkerized finish
- Ghost ring sights
- Wood stock (bantam)

It's tough figuring out what kind of shotgun (or any gun) you want because there are so many choices. Once I figured it would be a Mossy (which was a difficult choice), then came the struggle for which Mossy. I struggled with getting either a 500 Persuader (for $330) or stepping up and getting this; decision made and I can't be more excited to shoot it.

MS51520lg.jpg

Thanks for reposting, sorry I screwed it up! :D

Youre gonna love the gun, its a great choice! It is a tough one to make, I totally understand. I went through the same thing, deciding on the Mossberg, then deciding which to get!

I got the 590A1, (51660). Plain bead sight model, 20", 9 shot.

Fine choice!

Question?

Forgive me 'cause I'm still learning my way around the different models, but if it's got an 18.5 inch barrel, what makes it a compact? I thought the compacts were 14" barrel produced for MIL/LEO or required Class III SBS approval for civilians.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Question?

Forgive me 'cause I'm still learning my way around the different models, but if it's got an 18.5 inch barrel, what makes it a compact? I thought the compacts were 14" barrel produced for MIL/LEO or required Class III SBS approval for civilians.

Probably because it's the shortest (38.5") non-adjustable stock Special Purpose civilian gun they have??? Most likely just the product marketing folks getting involved with the naming of it.

Congratulations on your new Mossberg 590A1! Let us know what your think after you get to shoot it.

DHonovich said:
Congratulations on your new Mossberg 590A1! Let us know what your think after you get to shoot it.

When I was much younger, I did most of my shotgunning with an Ithaca 37 12 gauge. I still have it and it's a great gun but I haven't shot it in many years. Plus, at 47" in length it didn't get ANY use for HD so it sits in my closet. Damn, that was a great gun but I'm really looking forward to shooting the Mossy.

Firing the 590A1 is kinda like this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A&feature=related[/youtube]

Uhh, maybe more like this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG9sqjUWvZc&feature=related[/youtube]

LOL ... that first video got my German Shep all bothered and he started growling and barking.

Was there music on the 2nd video? I was too busy looking at the cover!!! :eek:

Well, my 590A1 just shipped from Buds warehouse and is on its way to Cabella's for pick-up. It's supposed to be there on Monday, 3/14. Damn ... this wait is killing me.

Back