• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 702 Plinkster ... Magazine Maintenance • Disassembly Question

rjtmac

.22LR
Just got a 702 Plinkster ... $89.00 Wal Mart Special ...

IMG_0951_zpseb4xmwxc.jpg

IMG_0953_zps5kbcpfpx.jpg

IMG_0952_zpsnpblrknu.jpg

Been an upside purchase so far.

First downer came today. I ordered 5 xtra mags. They arrived today. 4 worked correctly and one has a small problem. It came with 2 followers installed.

IMG_0965_zpssfanlg5f.jpg

So it will only hold 7 rounds. Seems to operate fine loading and unloading by hand. Haven't used in it the gun yet.

My question is ... Does the Base Plate Slide off ? I tried gently but decided I would ask here on the forum to get a response from members who are in the know before I tear up a mag that doesn't disassemble. If I can get the plate off I can just remove one of the followers.

Seems as though Mossberg might have a small QC problem ... LOL

Thanks for your help...

Welcome aboard.

Looks like you got a NY "Safe Act" compliant mag. :D I don't have one of these rifles, but I'll tag in member @mingaa who does. Hopefully he can pop in and answer your question.

I like your cord wrapped stock. That's a great idea...

Hey, rjtmac

I had a 702 for a while and the answer is yes, you can disassemble and reassemble the magazines. And yes they don't come apart very easily, but they will go. I believe I used a small flat head screwdriver to kinda pop the little retaining tab on the baseplate up and it just slides out. Hope that helps!

Joe

Back